Wiz's Screen Is Shot!

Yo-YoMaster

Still Fresh
Yes...I got my Wiz on May 22. I've had quite a good time after loading on PicoDrive, Alexkid2x, and Pocketsnes, plus all the ruckage games, and some gigs of music. Nothing dangerous.

Here's the thing...now the screen of the Wiz is screwed up. There are fat, hazy bars across the screen that blur everything.

I haven't dropped this thing, or left it in especially hot or cold places at all...has anyone else had this problem and has a possible solution, or am I at a loss of some hard-earned cash (I'm POOR)???

EDIT: I did not download any of that bricking firmware, or any firmware at all.

Whenever the batteries started dying on my old GP2X F100, it would do things like this on the screen.
Are you getting this screen defects on a fully charged battery? Do you get it whilst the system is full charged and powered by the USB cable or a DC plug?

Yeah, it defects regardless of battery state. It can be full battery, plugged in (with USB, that's all I have) or not and still be screwed up.

Hi,

Are you saying that all those black dots have been there since you got it and you just played around them? Now the screen is doing the smear thing and you are finally unhappy with it? You have way more patience than I would have had! :)

Your screen is screwed and those dots are dead pixels or at least it looks just like that other guy's Wiz and he had bad pixels. That looks terrible. I would contact the company you bought it from and demand an immediate RMA number and get that thing returned for a warranty replacement. I don't get how something like that even gets past testing and ships to a customer.

Your screen is screwed and those dots are dead pixels or at least it looks just like that other guy's Wiz and he had bad pixels. That looks terrible. I would contact the company you bought it from and demand an immediate RMA number and get that thing returned for a warranty replacement. I don't get how something like that even gets past testing and ships to a customer.
Lol, wow, they are. I just assumed it was dust, and was going to wipe it off when I got a screen protector. *idiot* I peeled off the packaging and tried to wipe it, but the "dust" stayed. Now I have TWO reasons for a new Wiz! I have already ticketed www.Gp2xstore.com ... no response after "only" 22 hours...>>

Last edited by a moderator:
[
Are you saying that all those black dots have been there since you got it and you just played around them? Now the screen is doing the smear thing and you are finally unhappy with it? You have way more patience than I would have had!
smile.gif

Your screen is screwed and those dots are dead pixels or at least it looks just like that other guy's Wiz and he had bad pixels. That looks terrible. I would contact the company you bought it from and demand an immediate RMA number and get that thing returned for a warranty replacement. I don't get how something like that even gets past testing and ships to a customer.[/QUOTE]
Dangerous to assume they actually have testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My own personal WIZ got the same black dots. They just appeared from one day to the next.
Time to exchange it :)

That's two like that reported on these boards :huh:.

Sucks, I hope it's a rare problem.

I just got my new Wiz today...I give it a charge, turn it on, and see the nice grey logo, and then that orange screen...is fucked up. Like, rotated, shrunk, with scratchy orange bars across it, and repeated across the screen three or four times.

-scream-

Then it goes to the home screen and everything is fine and dandy. Hmmm...

I loaded on all of my previous stuff, and things seem to function. Emulators are up to speed, etc. However, the Wiz menus are SLOWER. Also, flash is unplayable. So laggy to the point where the video just clips every 5-10 seconds behind the audio. The screen is still inaccurate on that "bump" spot. Is this from the fact that this Wiz has version 1.0.1?

I feel your frustration, or actually, I'm sure you're taking it easier than I would. I would probably cry. seriously. I probably shouldn't admit this LMAO. Before buying a wiz, I bought a wibrain UMPC. And its great to play some nintendo 64 on the wibrain computer, but the limited battery life really didn't make it worth using solely as a handheld. Wiz fills that spot much better.

I bought my wiz from dynamism.com, the same place I bought my wibrain, hopefully its more about buying your wiz from a trustworthy source. Does GPH support their warranties directly? or is your only option is to deal with the people that sold you the unit? I believe GPH should support their product 100%, thats the only way to fly right.

I'm a diehard fan of the wiz, but it would be interesting if the guys building the pandora made a "pandora jr." I know, thats a stupid name LMAO, but if they made an insane handheld in the landscape style like the wiz with a screen and video playback that rivals an ipod touch. I would buy it. But thats also because I always want to buy the latest and greatest. To the point of obsession lmao. In the meantime, and therapy permitting (just a joke LOL...I hope LMAO), I'm happy with the wiz. Untill the f***ng screen goes to shit.

you probably feel like taking the last shot from the movie fight club and puting a GPH logo on one of the buildings they blow up. I would too.

Back