Wiz Vs Caanoo

tarachia

Still Fresh
So, I bought a Wiz from the Thinkgeek sale, and when I looked at the site again, I noticed they had the newer Caanoo. I was just wondering if it would be wise to return the Wiz to Thinkgeek, and get the Caanoo, as I heard the Wiz has trouble with SNES emulation. I have not yet received the wiz, so it is still eligible for a return.

There has been talk recently that the Wiz from ThinkGeek have emulation problems due to a hardware defect. I just purchased a Caanoo from them on Sunday. I'd return it and get a Caanoo simply because it's the newer product and I'd say Wiz is EOL. You can also use this coupon code that I used to get about $10 off.

Coupon Code: "nextorder"

I personally got overnight air and paid $155 because of the coupon so $5 overnight air :D

As someone who has had both, I prefer the Caanoo. In my opinion just about everything about the Caanoo is better than the wiz (build quality, screen, controls, menu, etc.), the only drawback is that software development is still in the earlier stages, but It is coming along pretty nicely.

Why has all the Wiz's from thinkgeek have a defect? IS this only thinkgeek that got a bad batch?

DRED said:
Why has all the Wiz's from thinkgeek have a defect? IS this only thinkgeek that got a bad batch?

I'm not sure, but I bought my WiZ from Thinkgeek recently (about a month ago, right after the $99 price drop) and mine runs SNES emulation perfectly.

The WiZ is a great little console, and it should last you awhile if properly taken care of, I'd advise to stick with the WiZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
crazyfooinc said:
DRED said:

I'm not sure, but I bought my WiZ from Thinkgeek recently (about a month ago, right after the $99 price drop) and mine runs SNES emulation perfectly.

The WiZ is a great little console, and it should last you awhile if properly taken care of, I'd advise to stick with the WiZ.

I liked the Wiz I had for a week before I returned it due to a missing part (realized they screwed up originally and sent me all of the accessories minus one thing). Since my Mom who purchased it as a gift for me paid the full price, I returned the Wiz and got the Caanoo. I like the Caanoo better. I like having the ability to hook a keyboard to it and that it is a larger device. Keys are easier to use and games are easier to play. Sure the software development is in its early stage, but it will catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont want to jump to conclusions and return the WIZ which I got from ThinkGeek last week.

But with all this negativity now I'm thinking I should try and return it.

Back