Wiz Review At Pocket Gamer

u9i said:
Well, i find it funny he still suggests waiting two more months[sup]TM[/sup] for a Pandora :)
Actually what they said was that GP2X loyalists are unlikely to be disappointed and open source enthusiasts could do a lot worse than pick up a Wiz, but if you want something with more clout then wait for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what i said (indirectly) ;)

On a more serious note though, i should probably have bought a wiz while waiting for the pandora. I still might do that :)

u9i said:
i should probably have bought a wiz while waiting for the pandora. I still might do that :)

waterboy_2.jpg

u9i said:

On a more serious note though, i should probably have bought a wiz while waiting for the pandora. I still might do that :)

I actually did that...and a Dingoo... Starting to like the wiz more for SNES emulation alone though.

andrewe1 said:
u9i said:

I actually did that...and a Dingoo... Starting to like the wiz more for SNES emulation alone though.

Me too, actually. I haven't gotten my Wiz yet, though. (I love the name gph chose)
I got a Dingoo hoping it would keep me from wanting a Wiz, but in the end I just ended up buying both of them.

Seems like a fair review. I've noticed the "tearing" issue myself and wondered the same things. The screen is a little small for my tastes, but it's perfectly adequate. And I do, indeed, have my sights on Pandora.

Of course, now is now and I'm happy with the Wiz. That's all that matters. Pandora isn't even in full release yet, and chances are it'll be some time before they have a new allocation beyond the 4,000 in the next batch. So, enjoy the now.

Back