Can't Get Prboom (Doom) To Work, Plus Question About Scummvm

darklight1138

I have .wad files and downloaded the newest version of PRBoom. Followed the instructions exactly but the program will not run. I get a "loading" screen and the unit freezes on that and I have to reset. I should add that I have the newest firmware (1.2.6?) and got my Wiz from ThinkGeek. I've been UNABLE to run any SNES emulation so there may be a problem with the unit itself.

Also, got a few scummvm roms but cannot get sound. Do I have to get sound files seperately? In the options menu for the emulator there are quite a few sound options. Do I need to select certain sound options other than default? Thanks!

darklight1138 said:
I have .wad files and downloaded the newest version of PRBoom. Followed the instructions exactly but the program will not run. I get a "loading" screen and the unit freezes on that and I have to reset. I should add that I have the newest firmware (1.2.6?) and got my Wiz from ThinkGeek. I've been UNABLE to run any SNES emulation so there may be a problem with the unit itself.

if you have the latest you should see my picklelauncher, which doesnt depend on any wads to at least load itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey pickle, I have your launcher but I am not sure how to use it. There is a pickle file but it only appears as a file so I don't know how to run it.

Ok, after some tinkering I got the picklelauncher to work. Game runs great, but when I quit I get a blank screen and have to reset my Wiz. Any suggestions?

Back