Wiz Fail Number Two!

Yo-YoMaster

Still Fresh
Yes...I bought a Wiz , and got it late last May. It was wonderful! Then, something happened, and the screen was corrupted beyond usability. I sent it back, and got a replacement!!!

This one worked fine for months...now, I suddenly turned it on, and got ANOTHER CORRUPTED SCREEN. ARGHHHHH, what is this nonsense!?!? I have never dropped this thing, or left it in extreme temperatures,

Is it the firmware? They sent the replacement with firmware update 1.1 .

At this point, I will throw in the towel if I don't get a stable device. Its a pain to pay shipping, and be stuck for more than a month with no portable entertainment. I love the emulation and music on one device with the buttons and d-pad etc, but if this doesn't get sorted out, I will pull an apple and purchase an i-pod touch or something of the like!!! Don't make me support the behemoth; I love homebrew!!!

Is there any solution?

GYAH said:
Yes...I bought a Wiz , and got it late last May. It was wonderful! Then, something happened, and the screen was corrupted beyond usability. I sent it back, and got a replacement!!!

This one worked fine for months...now, I suddenly turned it on, and got ANOTHER CORRUPTED SCREEN. ARGHHHHH, what is this nonsense!?!? I have never dropped this thing, or left it in extreme temperatures,

Is it the firmware? They sent the replacement with firmware update 1.1 .

At this point, I will throw in the towel if I don't get a stable device. Its a pain to pay shipping, and be stuck for more than a month with no portable entertainment. I love the emulation and music on one device with the buttons and d-pad etc, but if this doesn't get sorted out, I will pull an apple and purchase an i-pod touch or something of the like!!! Don't make me support the behemoth; I love homebrew!!!

Is there any solution?
get a refund & buy a dingoo, shipping's free @ dealextreme. At least it's better than buying an apple product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the Wiz with Firware 1.1.0, haven't had any problems.

If I doesn't work, I can recommend the I-Phone / I-Pod touch, if you don't use emulators as much. (Plenty of cheap quality games). For a music player, I would use the I-Phone / I-Pod touch. From the time I've listened to on the Wiz, it doesn't sound as good as the I-Phone / I-Pod touch. It sounded some what if I was listening to music playing through the wall in another room. The I-Phone was durable, dropped it more than once (with a case) and no problems. One time, the I-Phone dropped in a sink half - filled with water, and it still worked. Only problem, speakers didn't work for a day. Day after, the I-Phone worked as if hadn't been dropped in the water.

For an alternative, my GP2X broke within a few months ( battery contacts, R/ L buttons, headphones wouldn't work, etc.)
PSP works, for emulation, this would probably be the best choice. ( Played games at full speed that don't work on Wiz, Kirby Superstar, Playstation and N64 might be playable)
Haven't tried dingoo, might be good for cheaper price

ZXC3CD said:
The I-Phone was durable, dropped it more than once (with a case) and no problems.
You got lucky. I dropped my iphone once, ONCE, I was SITTING DOWN so it only fell a foot & a half & the F*****G screen cracked because some jackass in cupertino decided to make the F*****G thing out of glass. Seriously? Glass? on a phone? really?

I had the damn thing for 2 months, got it for $99. At&t wouldn't replace it & it would cost $200 to get it repaired, what a joke.
[/rant]

Sorry, I'm still fumed about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back