Caanoo / WIZ Wiz/Caanoo GCC 4.7.3 Toolchain

hmn

To be able to play around with C++0x features, I built a gcc 4.6.3 cross toolchain for the Wiz.

The toolchain is built against the same glibc as the GPH toolchain. You may need to supply libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 from this toolchain along with your application, otherwise it should to be compatible with the runtime libs on the Wiz (tested with a Rainbow Plains build).

Update 2014-01-23: New set of gcc 4.7.3 toolchains posted.
Update 2014-02-02: New set of builds posted (built on Debian/stable 32-bit)

Current Wiz toolchain: wiz-toolchain-4.7.3-2-linux-i686.tar.bz2 (104MB, Linux)
Current Caanoo toolchain: caanoo-toolchain-4.7.3-3-linux-i686.tar.bz2 (175MB, Linux)

Buildscript on Gitlab.

Last edited:
Can this toolchain be used to compile for the caanoo?

Thanks

Dave

No, since the ABIs are not compatible. If there is interest, I might be able to compile a Caanoo toolchain as well.

I would certainly be interested as the current toolchain appears to produce code that has bugs that don't appear when compiled on newer version of gcc.

This is noticeable when compiling FBA as the identical code works fine on pandora (gcc 4.3.3) but has some weird driver errors and random freezes on caanoo (although I guess there could be factors other than gcc)

hmn said:
No, since the ABIs are not compatible. If there is interest, I might be able to compile a Caanoo toolchain as well.
I would love a how to build that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmn said:
If there is interest, I might be able to compile a Caanoo toolchain as well.
This will be very usefull i think... :)

Sorry guys, I was busy with real life and other projects and totally forgot about the toolchain until Dave18 PMed me about it today :) I may be able to come up with a finished toolchain sometime next week.

Feel free to ping me again if you have not heard from me by the end of next week ;-)

caanoo-toolchain-4.6.3-2-linux-i486.tar.bz2 [159MB]

I compiled some test programs and they *look* compatible in objdump, but they are completely untested (no Caanoo here). Let me know whether it works or not.

Build script is here.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll test as soon as I get a chance and let you know the result.

I have mixed results:
Built Gravity Force - works fine
Built Capex front end - works fine
Built the main FBA code, but when I try to run it I get the following error:
./fba.gpe: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by ./fba.gpe)

libstdc++.so.6 exists but I guess it is looking for a different version, strange that it doesn't affect the other programs.

Any ideas?

I copied the libstdc++ lib from the toolchain into the fba caanoo directory and everything worked.

I assume I can copy the libstdc++ from the caanoo itself into the toolchain to avoid this error in future, or is this likely to cause other problems?

Thanks

Dave18 said:
I copied the libstdc++ lib from the toolchain into the fba caanoo directory and everything worked.

I assume I can copy the libstdc++ from the caanoo itself into the toolchain to avoid this error in future, or is this likely to cause other problems?

Thanks

No, you should copy the libstdc++ from the toolchain along with your program (see my original comment about the Wiz toolchain). The C++ runtime lib has to match the
compiler version. In some cases you can turn off certain runtime features (such as exception support) in the compiler flags to achive binary compatibility to an older runtime.

sebt3 said:
Cool, I guess SYSROOT point to the sysroot from the original toolchain, right ?

Yes, but in order for the toolchain to be self contained, it should be copied, like mentioned in the comment.

Bump: New set of gcc 4.7.3 toolchains posted.

Caanoo toolchain is untested, let me know if you try it!

Thanks Hmn, your precompiled toolchain did not work for, I'm assuming it is for 64bit machines.  However your build script worked great and I was able to build my own which appears to work correctly.

Ah you're right, I forgot to force a 32-bit host when compiling the Caanoo toolchain on my 64-bit machine. I may upload a fixed version soon.

Back