GP32 With Which Sdk Should I Continue In This Case...

ConsoleTom

Website
Visit site
Hi !

I want to improve or renew my old program. So i thought of using MrMirko's SDK to continue - but i started with devkitadv. But i couldn't get my old program running with MrMirkos's SDK yet.

What should i do: Should i try to convert my software somehow to MrMirko's SDK or should i continue this one with devkitadv and work in my further projects with MrMirkos ?

Greetings

Tobias

BTW. Thanks for your replies to these many posts before.

You could look at DevKitArm (http://www.devkit.tk) as a jump point to a newer tool-chain keeping the GamePark SDK code working then you can migrate to Mirko's SDK at leasure as that works fine under DevKitArm.

Is there a problem with the official SDK that makes you want to not use it anymore?

Its not like switching to mirko's is going to all of a sudden make your games/apps better. Its not what you use to make your games, its how the finished product turns out.

If you are already comfortable with the official SDK, then there isnt much reason to switch, if it isnt broke, why fix it?

If you just want to experiment, find out if mirkos might be better suited for your coding style, then sit down and make a small demo of sorts with it, see if you enjoy using it more, see if it has what you need.

I would say, if you are happy with the official SDK, use it.

I am sure pretty much anything you want to do, can be done in either SDK, its all a matter of how you want to do it.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 20 2004 at 11:09 AM said:
If you are already comfortable with the official SDK, then there isnt much reason to switch, if it isnt broke, why fix it?
I agree, there is no point in changing unless you need to use somthing that isn't available in one kit but is available in another. There is 1 thing that still annoys me with the official dev kit, and that is that sprintf with floats does not work. eg:

char sMyString[500];
float nFloatValue = 1.356f;
sprintf(sMyString, "float value : %f\0", nFloatValue);

does this work under Mr Mirkos dev kit?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about trying gm_sprintf() (not gp_sprintf)? It's a sprintf function that comes with the SDK.

rcx21000 posted on May 20 2004 at 02:34 PM said:
What about trying gm_sprintf() (not gp_sprintf)? It's a sprintf function that comes with the SDK.
tried it. Doesn't make any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back