Wishlist For Hf5

MANY problems we have (no doubleclick-maximize, dragndrop errors or even no dragndrop, inconsistent touchscreen clicks, no scrollbar drag sometimes, menues quickly open and then immediately close, generally slow touchscreen...) are because of buggy touchscreen drivers or other interfering things. The touchscreen in this state is unusable for drawing e.g. in xournal. seems that it loses input data somewhere at random times and click-doubleclick-drag-release-events are mixed up. Some applcations always register 2 clicks when you touch the screen. Touchscreen rightclick should be removed completely - it barely works and may cause some of those problems with clicks.

Draw circles in xournal - the result is something round with random straight segments: Input randomly stalls.

Would be nice if somebody with more knowledge could have a look at it. This should have higher priority than new firmware features. My very old 100mhz Casio PDA performed 1000 times better at drawing and clicking with touchscreen.

The following may fix the slow touchscreen issue a bit:
sudo mousepad /etc/ts.conf
and then comment out the two lines with variance and dejitter. Seems that these filters just add lag and make things worse.
Also disabling window manager compositing helps. Why the hell has a window managing thread higher priority than input drivers? Maybe also other system threads cause those short random touchscreen stalls (very noticable in xounal).

Also the nubclicks are a bit weird. Their click does not last as long as you keep the nub pressed, the click releases automatically after a short predefined time (0.3sec or so). Possibly the same wrong click"mechanics" as with the touchscreen.

We had so many problems with these input issues in so many software projects, ports, guis and emulators...

Whynodd said:
MANY problems we have (no doubleclick-maximize, dragndrop errors or even no dragndrop, inconsistent touchscreen clicks, no scrollbar drag sometimes, menues quickly open and then immediately close, generally slow touchscreen...) are because of buggy touchscreen drivers or other interfering things.
Whilst the others are, as far as I understand it, valid, I'd just like to point out that the bolded one is not. My understanding is that this is a current bug in Xfce4 across the board - double-clicking on title-bars to maximise windows also is disabled in Xubuntu, currently, for example. (Indeed, in the initial Zaxxon release, the ability to double-click them was actually present and caused problems. :p )

Also, this is anecdotal, but the nub-clicks on mine seem to last for as long as I hold them, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone mentioned LXDE ? The battery monitor need some love, (I can't figure out why it doesn't just work from the source it see to looking in the right area) and as it stands there is no gui way to power off) but other than those two caveats it works very well

Stuff loads faster and the filemanager is less buggy

It's well worth a look.

Something handy could be a charging mode.
So that in this charging mode, the pandora would shut down when the power cord is unplugged.

Because i've encountered quite a few times that someone unplugs my charger and when i want to use my pandora,
it's battery is completely flat...

chris_c said:
Has anyone mentioned LXDE ? The battery monitor need some love, (I can't figure out why it doesn't just work from the source it see to looking in the right area) and as it stands there is no gui way to power off) but other than those two caveats it works very well

Stuff loads faster and the filemanager is less buggy

It's well worth a look.

Is wishing for a fix of a battery monitor issue with LXDE a valid suggestions for hot-fix-X? As I understand, the hotfixes are designed especially for xfce or minimenu?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not too late, here's what I'd like to see in Hotfix 5:

- A tag one could add to one's pxml.xml to prevent the display from going to sleep while an app is running (it seems like OpenGL apps in particular don't like when that happens and crash horribly, requiring a hard reset). Discussed ad nauseam elsewhere. I do think there should be a tag for this somewhere in the pxml spec, though.

- An update to Midori that fixes the crash when an image is dragged, then another part of the window is clicked.

Back