sebt3 said:
Imperial mesurement isn't my main ability :D let's say 6'5" :D
Why not say 7'2", or bigger? It's the internet, no one can tell you're lying :D

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
sebt3 said:
Imperial mesurement isn't my main ability :D let's say 6'5" :D
Why not say 7'2", or bigger? It's the internet, no one can tell you're lying :D

from http://www.antikfrance.com/conversion-metrique.htm, 2M is actually 6'6", I wasn't too far this time :D

so let me articulate all of your collective, unconscious wish:

"pls add an imperial to metrical measurement calculator with one of the next hotfixes" :D

How about a limiter for headphone sound?

It's very unconfortable when switching from the speakers to headphones because the sound increases a lot. I'm thinking something better should be done, after all the maximum headphone volume is too high to be safe. At least by EU standards.

^ What I tend to do is turn my volume wheel down before plugging my headphones in. It hasn't yet let me down, and it's my own fault if I forget to do so first - it's exactly the same as back in the days long before these regulations, back when personal stereo cassette players roamed the Earth. :p (I actually have one here that can go an awful lot louder than the Pandora can long before the player is even at its maximum volume. I use it for making MP3 recordings from old tapes that I pick up for ridiculously low prices at car boot sales and the like.)

That said, I do agree that it would be a nice feature. My MacBook does this - when you plug in headphones for the first time, it will reduce the volume. Moreover, if you adjust the volume whilst the headphones are plugged in, in the future it will remember what volume you last used and automatically set that for you the next time you plug your headphones in (sorry to the "100% of everything Apple does is bad!" types out there, but this works very well indeed, and is enormously convenient, so it's worth writing about :p ). When you remove the headphones again, it goes back to how it was before. Of course, I don't know whether it's feasible to do something in the vein this particular implementation on the Pandora or not...

AFAIK the pandora cant see whether the headphones are in or not. The switching from the speakers to headphones is mechanically done. Also, it cant change the position of the volume wheel. It could drop the volume digitally before it reaches the wheel (use the mixer), but then you would still need to tell it that you're plugging in the headphones. Its much easier to just roll the wheel.

Also, that it is capable of generating over-EU-spec volumes is for me one of the bigger "selling" points of the pandora. Its just that you propably shouldnt advertise about that...

^ Haha, selling point. I never thought of it that way, but I will say that I do find it much better to listen to than any of the players I have which do (far too severely) restrict the volume.

EvilDragon, see request 195 which I've just put in.
Fix should trigger the charger to restart sooner after it has deemed the battery full. Rather than waiting until the battery drops to 80-85%, it'll restart charging at around 90-95%.
Talk to MWeston and probably Notaz before implementing this. I'm pretty sure I'm correct, but they (especially MWeston who seems to have gone AWOL from the board :p) may have a better solution.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, or already has been answered, but is there any idea when we'll get ext4 support?

The ext4 driver went gold with kernel 2.6.28 and AFAIK the OS currently uses 2.6.27, it should come with the newer kernel.

Ive got one not sure if its been said. Working Wifi Adhoc please!
Edit: Also if someone would kindly include Urjaman's Tablet Modules I would appreciate it.

--> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54728-pandora-owners-tried-tablet/page__view__findpost__p__883266

^ meh...
EDIT: Forget what follows, go http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=196 <- there instead.
Old post:
@notaz or some kernel dev - defconfig change as follows:
Device Drivers -> Input device support -> <*> Tablets -> <M> *everything*
OR
CONFIG_INPUT_TABLET=y
CONFIG_TABLET_USB_ACECAD=m
CONFIG_TABLET_USB_AIPTEK=m
CONFIG_TABLET_USB_GTCO=m
CONFIG_TABLET_USB_KBTAB=m
CONFIG_TABLET_USB_WACOM=m
- please so I dont need to compile extra modules for everybody on each hotfix :p

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but it'd be nice if the screen brightness were restored to its previous value (as opposed to the maximum brightness) when coming back from the display being turned off (due to idling).

Azure said:
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but it'd be nice if the screen brightness were restored to its previous value (as opposed to the maximum brightness) when coming back from the display being turned off (due to idling).
Dunno about that but there is a bug if you have the brightness value set to 1 or 2 then upon return it will blast at maximum brightness. Fixing op_lid.sh is quite trivial (dunno why it is this way...).

Not sure it it's been mentioned.

A long time back somebody posted a hack to remove window decorations on apps launched from MiniMenu and force them all to run full screen. I think it was to do with using MatchBox WM.

Anyway ED was talking about integrating it into a hotfix but it never seemed to happen.

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is some kind of roadmap regarding future releases of the firmware.

We're now using Release 1 "Zaxxon" with Hotfix 4 (with HF 5 on its way). How many hotfixes could there be before we reach Release 2, and what could be its features, its codename ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is some kind of roadmap regarding future releases of the firmware.

We're now using Release 1 "Zaxxon" with Hotfix 4 (with HF 5 on its way). How many hotfixes could there be before we reach Release 2, and what could be its features, its codename ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Codename will be a game starting with Y. And I think the next release might just have a newer linux kernel version.

Back