Wishlist For Hf5

I find the new "more linear" brightness steps slightly annoying. You have to press quite a few times to get from brightest to darkest.

I'd prefer to just have "off", "darkest", "medium", "bright" and "extra bright" as steps.

Is there a script one can modify to get this?

john4p said:
Is there a script one can modify to get this?
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_bright_up.sh (and op_bright_down.sh respectively)
Modify the ranges and rates as desired, or replace it entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_bright_up.sh (and op_bright_down.sh respectively)
Modify the ranges and rates as desired, or replace it entirely.
Thanks! :)

peca said:
Docx import filter for AbiWord please :)
// maybe I'm just an idiot that don't RTFM and it could be done somehow already.

than check first pls. Don't put more work on the hotfixers by asking them to look for things you could do yourself pls ;)

EvilDragon said:
Okay, mounting and unmounting with Thunar is now fixed and works fine :D

Does this include the unmounting problems with RMB on SD-Card icon on the desktop?

zapman said:
updated list and added
  • update pidgin from version 2.6.6 (very crashy) to version 2.7.3 (hopefully more stable)
  • update claws mail from version 3.6.1 to version 3.7.6
Both programs are really fine but could use an update; they crash fairly often...

Okay, I'll try to see if they are within the lates OE tree and build fine.

great! many thanks!

I'll mark any wishes in the first [done] as soon as they are reported here.

zapman said:
EvilDragon said:
Okay, mounting and unmounting with Thunar is now fixed and works fine :D

Does this include the unmounting problems with RMB on SD-Card icon on the desktop?

Yes. Works fine now.

zapman said:
updated list and added
  • update pidgin from version 2.6.6 (very crashy) to version 2.7.3 (hopefully more stable)
  • update claws mail from version 3.6.1 to version 3.7.6
Both programs are really fine but could use an update; they crash fairly often...
Okay, I'll try to see if they are within the lates OE tree and build fine.
great! many thanks!
I'll mark any wishes in the first [done] as soon as they are reported here.

Okay, got the latest Pidgin version in our tree, but there no more recent Claws Mail in the OE tree at the moment.

Last edited:
zapman said:
peca said:
// maybe I'm just an idiot that don't RTFM and it could be done somehow already.

than check first pls. Don't put more work on the hotfixers by asking them to look for things you could do yourself pls ;)
OK, I reread AbiWord pages and found what I miss last time - DOCX import filter should be included in download. But there is no download for Pandora. When I last try open DOCX I failed. I'm not so dumb to not read at all. ;-)
---
ED: Please take a look at AbiWord's import filters. I think that DOCXs should be supported - windows user like to use last brand new office suit even if they can't use it's features :-/.

peca said:
zapman said:
peca said:

OK, I reread AbiWord pages and found what I miss last time - DOCX import filter should be included in download. But there is no download for Pandora. When I last try open DOCX I failed. I'm not so dumb to not read at all. ;-)
---
ED: Please take a look at AbiWord's import filters. I think that DOCXs should be supported - windows user like to use last brand new office suit even if they can't use it's features :-/.

I'm guessing the plugin was not installed.
You can get it here:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=abiword-plugin-opendocument

Is it possible to attempt ad-hoc wifi support next hotfix? I would be so happy. :)

EDIT: or at least someday.....

xopher said:
Is it possible to attempt ad-hoc wifi support next hotfix? I would be so happy. :)

EDIT: or at least someday.....

Oh yeah, that and 24/32 bit color please. (if that isn't fixed yet)

A method for setting/entering an unlock password via the analog nubs and shoulder buttons.

You know how games often have a 'secret combo' that you can access by up up down up attack or whatever?

With a D pad, two nubs, action buttons and shoulder buttons - it could make a very quick way to log into the unit.

Use example: If I put the left nub at 350*+/-5* 100% and the right one at 185*+/-5* 50%+/-10% and hit the right trigger twice - it knows it's me and unlocks.

The odds of someone figuring this (or any other obscure recorded combination) out by trying at random would be pretty slim - slim enough for a lockout on a game console. Breaking the 360* nub into 10* arcs yields 36 types per nub. Since it is analog and distance from center to out matter - we should be able to get 4 distinct distances from cener +/-10% of available travel.
36*4*36*4 = 20,736 possibilities.

Using the shoulder buttons in combination with the above analog set quadruples the momentary possibilities. (none, left, right, both)
Allowing the shoulder buttons to be given multiple taps while the analog sticks are held as above - use your imagination.

Now - if you want to go crazy with this - have momentary passes. Once it passes one set, require a second - but don't tell the user.
Use example: Finding the two momentary sets of 350*@100% and 185*@50% then 90*@25% and 0*@100% inside of 1 second = unlock chance of 1:429,981,696 - that is before adding in the possibility of the shoulder buttons.

We have two analog nubs - why type passwords?

We have a keyboard, why rely on bizarre and ridiculously complex nub movements?

Pleng said:
We have a keyboard, why rely on bizarre and ridiculously complex nub movements?

Hehe :lol:

xopher said:

Well, we're thinking about sending a Pandora to the developer of the Nokia N900 WiFi driver. Maybe he wants to pickup and can help us a bit :)

Oh yeah, that and 24/32 bit color please. (if that isn't fixed yet)

That's TI's driver, AFAIK. It doesn't support that in X yet. Works fine with SDL games though.

Just some quick infos:
HF5 is not dead, I actually already fixed quite a few things (and committed them to the GIT).

However, work has also started on the firmware RC2. This will surely take a while and is still in the beginning stages, but the work has been started.
This means: Upgrade to a more recent OE-Tree that should fix most of the remaining issues, probably new kernel, etc.
As said: This needs a lot of work, but we're not sleeping (and any dev who wants to help us can do so).

So HF5 might probably be the last one we have :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:

However, work has also started on the firmware RC2. This will surely take a while and is still in the beginning stages, but the work has been started.
This means: Upgrade to a more recent OE-Tree that should fix most of the remaining issues, probably new kernel, etc.
As said: This needs a lot of work, but we're not sleeping (and any dev who wants to help us can do so).

So HF5 might probably be the last one we have :)

If you're still looking for suggestions for HF5 mine would be to include amongst the tweaks a nice easy way of remapping the function of the Pandora buttons as per this thread.

As for RC2, have we got a name yet? Hope you stick with the classic arcade theme, however there are not to many Y's that spring to mind, in fact the only one I can think of is Yie Ar Kung Fu. Now that is a geeky name for the OS.

New RC! New kernel!

YAY!

Let me know how I contribute to all the hard working devs please?

Mr Loon said:
As for RC2, have we got a name yet? Hope you stick with the classic arcade theme, however there are not to many Y's that spring to mind, in fact the only one I can think of is Yie Ar Kung Fu. Now that is a geeky name for the OS.

Oh, there is also Yars Revenge, Ys (even if it's not an arcade game), or Yamato :)

Last edited:
jonlad1 said:
Feedback, feedback, feedback !!!!
But if you're looking to give some money, let's go "dev found".

jonlad1 said:
New RC! New kernel!

YAY!

Coding skill or moneywise? :)

Last edited:
Back