Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

Yeah I'm here :)

Sorry, been very busy the last months. But I'm currently working on MC again.

My main task atm is adding device forwarding and usb over ip. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a bit more complex than I originally thought, so I had to redesign a good part of the internals.. So, it will still take some time.

Wow!  Awesome to see you back Crionic!  Awaiting for your next version of MasterControl :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you around again Crionic :)

take your time, many of us can wait for 2 MONTHS, and thank you again for your work, I'm happy to see that the project is still alive :)

This is awesome. The Pandora could act as a second controller (and with videostreaming also screen) for the Pyra when doing multiplayer gaming...

Well. I can dream ;)

At least the controlling part part was done with multiple Pandoras on the Gamescom, so not so much of a dream, I'd say. Hooked up to a TV I don't see much need for video streaming.

Crionic, I hope you didn't forget about the WiiMote support I helped you for a bit back then. Would be still a cool thing to have, imo.

Yeah I'm here :)

Sorry, been very busy the last months. But I'm currently working on MC again.

My main task atm is adding device forwarding and usb over ip. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a bit more complex than I originally thought, so I had to redesign a good part of the internals.. So, it will still take some time.
I'm a little late to the party, but yeaahh.

Quite eager to see were this is going....

At least the controlling part part was done with multiple Pandoras on the Gamescom, so not so much of a dream, I'd say. Hooked up to a TV I don't see much need for video streaming.

Crionic, I hope you didn't forget about the WiiMote support I helped you for a bit back then. Would be still a cool thing to have, imo.
I took a look at the descriptor you sent me back then. Found out, that it contains just a bunch of report ids but nothing that describes those reports at all (what regular HIDs should do). Without this information it's not possible to emulate a WiiMote.

But as far as I know, there exists a linux driver, so it seems the reports have already been reverse-engineered. Might be a good start to take a look at the sources.

My Pandora's CPU is at 100% all the time when I'm running master control, whenever I type or not. Is this by design, or am I experiencing some sort of bug? On bluetooth there actually is an increasing delay between input on Pandora and the reaction on the PC and Pandora eventually disconnects.

I've done a quick search and didn't find anything relevant, hope I didn't overlook an answer.

My Pandora's CPU is at 100% all the time when I'm running master control, whenever I type or not. Is this by design, or am I experiencing some sort of bug?
Basically this is by design :) . MC constantly polls several file descriptors to detect events (such as incoming bluetooth connections). But I never noticed that it used that much cpu time. Thanks for pointing this out. A quick test showed that putting a delay of 100 ms between the polls already reduces cpu time to 2% - 3%. I will consider this in the future.

On bluetooth there actually is an increasing delay between input on Pandora and the reaction on the PC and Pandora eventually disconnects.
Hm, never experienced this myself. Can you tell how fast those delays increase? (e .g. after 10 minutes the delay is one second or so...)

A quick test showed that putting a delay of 100 ms between the polls already reduces cpu time to 2% - 3%. I will consider this in the future.
Have you considered libevent/inotify/select and friends? It may reduce CPU load without introducing delays. I believe Pandora kernel has inotify support enabled.

Regarding the bluetooth delay, I used Pandora as a controller to the PC playing a movie, and within 10 minutes it was impossible to aim player controls with the mouse because of delay. I will report more details if I get a reproducible case.

I have another suggestion: is it possible in "grab input" mode to display  a big "stop" button in the middle of the screen? It is a pain to disable via context menu.

I have another suggestion: is it possible in "grab input" mode to display  a big "stop" button in the middle of the screen? It is a pain to disable via context menu.
Or extend that into making a fullscreen window with a single color background

• which has some zones that could be (double)tapped/whatever to activate/deactivate master control functions like these
  • could be used as a touchpad
  • could be used to show status information (modes, keypresses, keycodes)
  • could be used for gestures that sends a bunch of keypress/mousemoves/mouseclicks to the system the Pandora is connected to

Hello!

After reading that this exists I wanted to try connecting the Pandora and my Nexus 7. This did not work at all. After Pairing and connecting (MC says it is connected to my ID) nothing happens if I try it out. According to Sdptool the his service is up and running. Hcitool says: "< ACL (ID) handle 1 state 1 lm Master (or slave if I pair using the nexus first, doesn't change it not working)". It shows the pandora as a computer with the service input method, but when it is ticked or untucked nothing happens if I input something. It is also not recognized as a hid device.

I also tried connecting it to my Samsung galaxy ace 4, where after pairing the input method is there, but after activating it it says connecting and unticks the box again.

The galaxy phone also says the Pandora is a computer and not a his device. I also tried setting the class to 0x000540 but that did not help as well on either device.

Hello,

I've been recently looking for this kind of software and it is really cool. But I'd like to use it rather differently. Is there any source code available ?

I'd like to send keystrokes based on (e.g.) a file to quickly type in text to the host computer.

Conversely, is it possible to read the state of the status lights (num, caps and scroll lock) ?

Is there anyone that was able to connect to a Win 10 (or 8.1) PC as a keyboard/mouse via BT ?

I can do the pairing correctly, and the device is correctly reported as "associated", but when I try to connect, after some seconds I receive a closed connection...
I never had issues with Win 7, but all the 8.1 or 10 I tried have the same issue... by looking at google many people have the same behavior for similar devices, but in the few cases that people solved, they reinstalled the entire system or played a lot with services and device drivers, and in the end no one of then knows what did they exactly do to solve...
Anyway I tried too to follow their route... put in auto the services they told... reinstalled BT driver (the Microsoft one anyway), but nothing changed...

Looking at the event log, seems to me that when I try to connect, many errors appears telling that something cannot be used because of insufficient rights...

I read that could be some privacy setting... but I can't found nothing relevant... also in the Bluetooth menu I have the voice to accept connection from a device greyed out...

After some tests I found out why it doesn't work...

Looking in the services recognized by Windows in the bluetooth device, the "HID keyboard mouse" appear with an unchecked checkbox, and for the connection to work it should be active... BUT, if I check it, Windows tries immediately to connect to the keyboard/mouse service, and it can't, because Master Control works only as a client... so Windows, not receiving the connection, disables again the service...

This way Windows, with that service unchecked, doesn't even respond to the Master Control when it tries to connect...

There's still something that I can't understand anyway... on Windows, in the Bluetooth menu, there's a greyed out option called "Accept device connection" (I roughly translated to english, don't know if it's correct), and in all my research, I found no information on how to activate it...

Mainly people solve this kind of issues with "the official driver from the device producer", and I have the suspect that it's the driver itself that has to be able to activate that option... but in the Pandora case, there is no "official" driver for this...

Do anyone knows something about the matter ?
Could be possible to modify a generic driver, adding this ability ?

Back