Release Wing Commander Saga

I've been on firmware 1.72 for a few months.  I have the same error Ingoreis and BreadedButter reported - both files are present but the pnd doesn't find the data.  I originally placed both pnd files in  /media/sdcard/pandora/menu and I received the error, so I moved them to /media/sdcard/pandora/apps.  Same error.

The files appear to be the correct size.  The shortcut /usr/share/application/wcsaga_data*.desktop does not exist.  Is there a log I can check?

I've been on firmware 1.72 for a few months.  I have the same error Ingoreis and BreadedButter reported - both files are present but the pnd doesn't find the data.  I originally placed both pnd files in  /media/sdcard/pandora/menu and I received the error, so I moved them to /media/sdcard/pandora/apps.  Same error.

The files appear to be the correct size.  The shortcut /usr/share/application/wcsaga_data*.desktop does not exist.  Is there a log I can check?

1.72 alone is not enough. You need to use the OS Upgrade option to go to 1.72 update 6. The shortcut presence (or absence) is the only "log" available.

watch
work very fine here: ;)

I ressurected/repaired my Videorecording Equipment extra for a Video of this Game.

Thx for Releasing it for us...amazing Grafics await the Players.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ingoreis: nice (but instead of shooting a friendly ship, you better press Alt-A to go to the next Nav-point, there are some bad guys near NavPoint 2 and 3).

I tried this game last night but fell asleep before I reached way point A. Hehe! ^^

Though with some minor stuttering in some of the cut scenes, the game works remarkably well.

Thanks for providing as much content as you, notaz, canseco and other porters do Ptitseb!

4/5 for the game because it didn't keep me awake but I love the sci-fi space genre.

5/5 for the port because it works so well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this game last night but fell asleep before I reached way point A. Hehe! ^^

Though with some minor stuttering in some of the cut scenes, the game works remarkably well.

Thanks for providing as much content as you, notaz, canseco and other porters do Ptitseb!

4/5 for the game because it didn't keep me awake but I love the sci-fi space genre.

5/5 for the port because it works so well!

Use Alt-A to skip Autopilot to the next waypoint, that make the game much more dynamic!

This is awesome. I picked up a Pandora to play the early WC games on the go but I didn't think this was possible. Thanks ptitSeb! Do you accept donations?

Question: Has there been any effort to port FSOpen or the wxLauncher?

@Ocean112 : I don't accept donation, but you can donate to Pyra dev , that will make happy the same way.

About FS2Open, I already ported it (it's used in "The Babylon Project"). I can port wxLauncher and package it with a fresh build of FS2Open if there is some interest in it yes.

Thanks! I was just curious. It'd probably be better to wait for the final release of 3.7.4 before doing a port anyway. I had no problems building either in Ubuntu MATE but I've never messed with Angstrom before, much less any optimizations. I'll have to look into it after I get mine in. I can't wait to have all of these available to me on the go. Wish me luck. :D

New build on the repo.
I recompiled averything, and used latest version of libs.
I have just added support to Cube Mapping in gl4es, and this game seems to use it.
Still, that game have huge (and many) textures and highly detailled models, so I strongly suggest to lower models detail and texture to the minimum, as some battle with many capital ship can be a bit slugish...

Build 02
-----------

• Fresh build
  • Updated libs

Back