Wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payton64

Still Fresh
ok, i don't really know much about linux at the moment (i'll be getting crash course in it next week when my only decent computer will be my ps3 running ubuntu), but will wine be able to work on the pandora? This would make the pandora way more useful IMO and i haven't seen any mention of it. But will it run on the pandora's ARM?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Wine Is Not an Emulator and only works on x86 CPUs. PLEASE search the boards for "Wine" and you can't say there won't be any mention of it because it was discussed a dozen times already.

It might be easier if you think of the Pandora as any other console, instead of a computer. You can't install wine on a Wii, or the PS3, or an Xbox360, and they're all quite useful without it. There is nothing special about Linux that you will need to worry about. It'll just be another interface and you'll get used to it, just as you got used to [insert whichever console you happen to prefer].
Incidentally, copies of Linux exist for all three (Wii, PS3, and XBox) as well, though they're not nearly as full feature as what we'll be getting on the Pandora. Maybe the PS3 version is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back