Windows Won't Let Me Access The Dingoo Drive After Flashing

spacecadetuk

Still Fresh
Hi all hoping someone here can help me out.
I've been trying for ages to unbrick my dingoo but keep getting stuck at the same point.
I've follwed the below instructions:
1. Run "flashutil.exe" in c:\temp\ as administrator by right clicking the file
and choose "Run as administrator".

2. Click the "Select" button in the "system DL Config" field and choose the correct dl for your dingo:

for a 9325 LCD -> "A320_PD27_ILI9325_RLS.dl" in c:\temp\.
for a 9331 LCD -> "CCPMP_CFG_A320_LCM_FAIR_ILI9331_320_240.DL" in c:\temp\.

3. Click the "Select" button in the "firmware" field and choose the hxf you want to use

a320-1.1.HXF is the 1.1 Official firmware
a320-1.03.HXF is the 1.03 Official firmware
1.03TD-3.hxf is the a320-1.03TD-3 firmware of http://www.dingoo-digital.com

4.the other "boot ANi" and "Shutdown ani" fields do not need to be filled in. Click the "Burning system" button to start the flashing process.

5. 3 text lines should appear and a "Firmware upgrade" screen should show on your Dingoo. This process could take a couple of minutes. Wait.

6. A fourth text line in the Recovery Tool should appear, confirming that the flashing process is complete. Now exit the program.

7. Unplug the USB cable.

8. Connect the USB cable again.

9. Reset the Dingoo (with the usb cable plugged in) by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole. The dingoo will now reset and reboot. It will not start up as usual because of the missing system files.

10. After a couple of seconds the Dingoo comes up as a physical drive. Open the internal drive.

11. Copy the "system" directory found in the 'c:\temp\ROOT_FILES' directory into the
root directory ( the same location as GAME, PICURE, RECORD etc ) of the internal drive.

12. Copy all the files from 'c:\temp\ROOT_FILES\GAME' to the "GAME" directory
of the internal drive. This are the default emulators and some of the default apps.

13. Reset the Dingoo again by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole

14. You are done. The Dingoo should boot up as normal.

but when i get to stage ten the dingoo shows up as a removable drive but windows won't let me copy the files over to the dingoo unless i format the drive and when i try to do that it says windows cannot complete format, so i'm left with just the logo screen and i can't turn it off and i have to put it into usb mode just to shut the screen down.I can't see any box to change the drive from read only so i'm stuck.
I'm running vista sp2 and i know they don't get on very well but i'm sure there must be a work around to this problem so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I should just add that i'm using the Chinachip USB drivers as well.

Try booting your Vista computer holding down F8.
I know that, on windows 7...this allows your computer to accept "unsigned" drivers.
It's a workaround I've seen mentioned for Windows 7...it may also work with Vista, not sure...but you can be sure the problem is the unsigned drivers...China Chip drivers are not "signed" which is why Vista and 7 have trouble with them...and why I stay with good old-fashioned beautifully-working XP.

Damned if I am going to let Bill Gates tell me what I can and can't do with MY computer. He can shove his software up where the sun don't shine.

cheers for the suggestion and the quick response, just tried it and still have the same problem.
I have also tried 3 different firmwares and they all seem to flash ok get the firmware upgrading screen and everything just when it comes to copying the system files over i just can't access the drive.

spacecadetuk said:
cheers for the suggestion and the quick response, just tried it and still have the same problem.
I have also tried 3 different firmwares and they all seem to flash ok get the firmware upgrading screen and everything just when it comes to copying the system files over i just can't access the drive.
Well, sorry I don't have anything else for you. I have avoided Vista and 7 like the plague for this very reason.

Therefore, I don't know, very well, how to work around it.

Do you know anyone who would let you use their compy who is still running XP?

That is what I say your best bet is.

One other possible suggestion...skip steps 7 and 8 entirely, go straight from 6 to 9...don't unplug the USB cable.

Also, make sure you're picking the right selections in Steps 2 and 3.
Most newer Dingoos will have the 331 LCD screen. And choose 1.1 Official Firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you have temporarily sorted your problem out, But i was just wondering if you had you tried using the file suggested on this page below ?, So you can use your Dingoo with your comp, Instead of using someone else's.

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads/applications/vista-sp2windows-7-fix

I was having problems getting windows to play ball with my Dingoo after going from XP pro to a fresh install of Vista lite with SP2 (700MB before install). Errors like "Driver installation failed" or "Usb device attached has malfunctioned" or "Unknown device" appearing.

I followed the instructions on that page, Uninstalled the unknown/failed device (Dingoo) from device manager, Disconnected and reconnected my Dingoo, And all was good. :)

Trooper

There ya go...I knew there was something out there, but darned if I knew what it was, since I refuse to use Vista or 7.

I'm sticking with good old XP. I won't let anyone tell me what I can or can't do with MY compy.

Back