Windows On The Pandora.

cheater99

Still Fresh
Easiest way to get windows onto the pandora would be via Dosbox. With dosbox, you are able to boot up to windows 2000 (we've done it on the psp as well as windows 3.1, windows 95, windows 98 and all are almost usable on there). It is also possible to boot windows XP up to the point where it says if you want to start it in safemode or whatever. It's not very hard either to boot these versions of windows since anything <win3.1 can be directly run as a program from dos and >win95 can be booted from there. The only thing that holds it back on the psp is the lack of ram (it can only use 17mb) and the horrible processor. On the pandora, i think that these may actually be usable?

Welcome.

There are already threads discussing dosbox. To avoid getting flamed, try the search towards the top right of the page or google "site:gp32x.de dosbox pandora"

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything after 3.1 would not be close to usable. Game of Solitaire or Minesweeper in very few FPS and that's about it.

This topic has been brought up plenty of times. Please try to use the search function in the future :)

EDIT: TaG wins.

We're not even guaranteed that 486 era games will run perfectly in DOSBox, so Windows might be a slight stretch. In any case, it wouldn't be much more than a proof of concept (what would you actually do with Windows on Pandora that the native Linux OS couldn't do much better?)

You'll find that, aside from being impractical, it's not a very attractive prospect to this community. :)

I really hope I can run Dark Sun, Kings Quest 6 (not supported by scummvm) and possibly some other older AD&D dos games. Maybe even the original two Heroes of Might & Magic if 'm lucky. I know it couldn't run Daggerfall. Arena might be possible.

yeah closed source X86 is kinda hard to recompile when you don't have the source and you don't know all equivalents between birnary codes.

Back