Windows 7 For Arm?

'CameronCross' said:
Microsoft should give up on their windows kernel and simple do what they are good at, designing user interfaces.
Like the office "ribbon bar" that makes everyone go "WTF?!" the first time they use it? We've reinstalled Office 2003 on every PC that had 2007 installed now. People are much more productive as a result, as it's now a familiar interface and they know where everything is.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO ARM era will be short-lived and technology will advance even further...

'quasist' said:
IMHO ARM era will be short-lived and technology will advance even further...
Do you know how long-lived this "ARM era" already is? I was using an ARM-based Archimedes way back in 1991. And I've had two ARM-based Zaurii over the past 5 years. It's far easier for a chip manufacturer to license ARM's designs for a new processor instead of building one from scratch, let alone trying to get a decent toolchain, software library and developer following.

So no, ARM isn't going anywhere soon.

'Squidge' said:
'CameronCross' said:
Microsoft should give up on their windows kernel and simple do what they are good at, designing user interfaces.
Like the office "ribbon bar" that makes everyone go "WTF?!" the first time they use it? We've reinstalled Office 2003 on every PC that had 2007 installed now. People are much more productive as a result, as it's now a familiar interface and they know where everything is.
I know what you mean. The first time I used Office 2007, it took me half an hour to figure out how to change the margins to make it look like I wrote more. Then another half hour figuring out how to save (who would've thought to click on the logo?). The one feature that makes me hesitate every time I want to uninstall it is it's super easy bibliography function. It is the only useful thing that they added in my opinion.

Back