Windows 3.1

• Thread starter willsomebodypleasegetmeoutofhere
  • Start date

W

willsomebodypleasegetmeoutofhere

It would be cool, if not already possible to run Windows 3.1 or similar under DosBox. Anyone know if it could be done?

Your name is too long and breaks every page it's on. Since you just came here, could you please re-register with a shorter name or a name divided by a couple of spaces? Thanks :)

Alex. said:
Your name is too long and breaks every page it's on. Since you just came here, could you please re-register with a shorter name or a name divided by a couple of spaces? Thanks :)
Sorry, I diddn't think about that. The site remembers my IP and email, so I'll have to wait until I can get to another computer (tomorrow). I'll only post to this topic, since I've already ruined it.
Parkydr said:
Will Windows 95 do?

I tried Bochs, I can't get it to boot to FreeDos. I heard somewhere that the only person that could get it working properly was the author, and there are numerous bugs, no mouse, and it's extremely slow. I think it was mostly just a Proof-Of-Concept. 3.1 under DosBox seems more reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Top left of screen, click the "Log out" text.
uh, yeah thanks. i'm saying once im logged out tried to re-register it says "Account already registered at this IP:"

If you can do that without actually banning me, then sure

willsomebodypleasegetmeoutofhere said:
I tried Bochs, I can't get it to boot to FreeDos. I heard somewhere that the only person that could get it working properly was the author, and there are numerous bugs, no mouse, and it's extremely slow. I think it was mostly just a Proof-Of-Concept. 3.1 under DosBox seems more reasonable.
I have been able to recompile Bochs and run it (on open2x). I was planning on running Win95 too. I did an install on my pc in bochs first, this worked fine. But once I moved everything on the gp2x I got a blue screen during boot process I think. I will try to test it again this evening. I did look into the code to see if i could speed it up, but i didn't find much. And adding mouse support didn't seem like a simple task. But I will take a look at it.

Back