Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official For The Dreamcast!

YuanHao

Website
www.yuanworks.com
Hi everyone :D

A little off-topic but since it was related to the GP2X:

Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles will be released for the Dreamcast in Summer 2008, there's a new splash screen in our website: http://www.wind-water.net, with more information as well as the custom sprite ordering.

Basically, the Dreamcast version will have an extensive manual and designs as well as art for the packaging:

wnw_package2.jpg

For those coming from the original GP2X version, we have improved the Dreamcast version with lots of new features: the new Mr. VMU character, dual Language (English and Japanese), more art and graphics, new ending, dialogues, a new Danger Break system, high-quality CD soundtrack with more songs, among others:

vmskun_japanese.jpg
new_art1.jpg

Also, everyone who has a sprite for the GP2X version (either preordered the game or purchased the Sprite) will be featured in the Dreamcast version!! :D

You can see more package images and new screenshots on our website :)

Thanks to everyone who supported us!!

Hi Ark!

That look quite impressive. I like the package design. It's good to see another original game for the Dreamcast. I always liked this console and will buy the game for my collection.
One question: Will the user stats be comparable for both versions?

Regards,
Stephan

Hi :)

sbock: Thanks :D we've worked a lot in the package design! The user stats are actually pretty much the same, and the save file is also very similar in both versions (though uploading them wouldn't be possible without uploading the save file to a PC from the VMU first)

Hyperpc: :D Preorders for the game will likely be available in one or two weeks, we'll let you know!

Hmm... interesting. I might think about grabbing this, since W&W is as awesome a game as exist, but we'll see.

Does the Dreamcast version support 2-player battles via multiple pads? I think that's probably the single most important feature that it would need over and above the GP2x version to make me buy it.

Otherwise I'll await a Pandora version as and when it comes out and you get around to it, and make do with the GP2x version for now. The GP2x version, after all, being pretty darn amazing.

Two player battles with pads or arcade sticks if you want, which are supported as well ;)!

Thanks everyone for your support :D !!

Finaly done! :D
Nice. It seems it was a long way because I've seen (and grabbed) Flyers about the DC W&W Version a Year ago onto the GC2007 at the "Redspot Games" booth. ;)

"Mr. VMU" -not bad! :D Will there be special VMU features in the Game?
And is "Mr. GP2X" still in the DC Version? Some kind of Advertisement for our Handheld for people who own a DC but don't know about GP2X. ^_^

Don't get rid of your Dreamcasts yet :D!

The *outside of the packaging is mostly in Japanese only, but the manual itself and the game are in both languages:

manual1.jpg

manual2.jpg

As for the rest of the questions, the answer is actually a secret! Find out as you progress in the game! :lol:

don't have a dreamcast and liked that the gp2x was the only way to play this game for a while but nice to see this game expanding to another niche system. the additions to this version look great. you made a great game and deserve a wide audience. puzzle games are probably my least favorite genre yet you manage to make a game I love. I'm still stuck in the story mode but I got fairly far considering I suck at puzzle games and usually quit quickly when I lose.

I want to get a cradle so I can play 2 player games with the gp2x version. At least I'm pretty sure you can do that.

also whatever happened to a pc version of this game? would be a great game to play on the net. plus you already have leaderboards and stuff set up for the gp2x version I'm sure it would be easier to track stats with a pc version.

I sense, that the great Devil Wagon has overtaken the W&W world - and not even Mr. VMU nor Timmy can stop him!
Hah! Nobody can, actually. There's no ending to the game, as Devil Wagon plays so fast, if you don't do a 99 Time Combo within 5 seconds, you lost :D

... am I right with my guessings? :D

I have one demand !

MAKE it works with a VGA box !!!

And you will get my cash it for sure ! ;)

paxl

Well EvilDragon, you know... maybe yes maybe no :D or perhaps it's Mr. Pandora you have to beat!

paxl13:

IMG_8006_small.jpg

IMG_8015_small.jpg

:)

In other words: Yes, it is VGA compatible :)

Back