Williams Games

I would love to see Robotron on GP MAME.. but I suppose the controls would be very hard to implement on the GP32 :) But the other Williams games are really cool too; Joust and Sinistar are great fun. BTW what kind of sound hardware does the Williams game use and would it be possible to emulate it on the GP32?

The easiest way (I find) to play Robotron with one stick is to simply have it firing in the direction you are facing. It's not as cool as the two stick version, but it works...

Yes, that would probably work ok. But you wouldn’t get very far in the arcade version : ).. I am having big time problems with my PC keyboard running Robotron in MAME. I think I need to get me an arcade double joystick :) Still, it would be cool to see it run on GP MAME …

That's why I made sure I got a two player cabinet for my MAME machine. Robotron with two sticks is probably one of the most intense gaming experiences you can have once you get past level 5...

Respect for playing it on a keyboard though :cool:

Well thanks :) ... I have been trying for years, literally, to break my "PC keyboard" high score of 425 000 … And lets just say it’s not going well *grumble* … And I do agree with you that Robotron is one of the most intense games ever … And while we are on the subject …. I HATE tankwaves … :)

Han posted on Mar 9 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
Well thanks :) ... I have been trying for years, literally, to break my "PC keyboard" high score of 425 000 … And lets just say it’s not going well *grumble* … And I do agree with you that Robotron is one of the most intense games ever … And while we are on the subject …. I HATE tankwaves … :)

I know its not the same but maybe its better than nothing

Theres a C64 version of Robotron which you can download and also a version from Williams Electronics/Atarisoft for the Sinclair Spectrum

I've played the Speccy version myself and its very good. Yep i know its not the real arcade MAME version but better than nothing ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the Lynx handles the firing works great for me. I used to be able to do real good with it. I think it would work great for MAME too. How it worked was you would fire in the direction you are moving but if you hold a button it would "lock" the firing direction so you could still back up and fire/strafe in a different direction. Release the button and the firing direction would change to the current direction again.

Han posted on Mar 9 2005 at 07:36 AM said:
I think I need to get me an arcade double joystick :)
I'm using a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog game pad with MacMame. The game pad is almost like the PS2's and I've mapped the 2 analog sticks for use with Crazy Climber and Robotron. Works great.

Here's a link to the newest revision of the gamepad.

Franxis posted on Mar 14 2005 at 10:30 PM said:
I will add williams games in next release, no problem... B)

hubba hubba! :D

Back