Will This Work For Booting The Pandora?

fearofshorts said:
Hey, sorry to go off topic (I suck at searching), but does anyone know how much space is left on the nand after installing the OS on the Pandora?
Also, is it possible to just copy PND files to the nand (un-extracted, just as if it were on a SD) for really commonly used programs. I think I might need this, as I'd rather have just one version of VLC to configure rather than three or four for each SD I fill with videos. Or would actually installing the program to the nand be a better alternative?
From what the team told, there won't be lot of space in NAND. But since there are two SD slot, just put VLC on the card in slot 1 and switch the cards in slot 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
KodeIn said:
From what the team told, there won't be lot of space in NAND. But since there are two SD slot, just put VLC on the card in slot 1 and switch the cards in slot 2.
Or configure VLC once, and make copies of that configuration file across all your cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never toyed with windows ext2/3 driver as I've heard they are not great, but some partition software for windows can create some ext2/3 partition. I don't remember the name of mine, but I can format disk in most file system, including ext3 reiserFS and thing like that (that's generally not really usefull without driver to access them with windows...)

Yeah, I think we could do with a nice program like that.
How about a program on the Pandora enabling us to use it as the connection between the two file systems? (Or is that what Samba is... I have only recently started using linux, and I suck at it.)
In any case, we need to be able to plug the Pandora in via USB (or network it via wifi or even bluetooth) and then just copy files across to the SD cards, allowing the Pandora to translate the files on-the-fly.

Oh, and thanks for answering my question about the NAND Stan and Kodeln!

Back