Will Repaired/replacement Units Also Be Going Out Faster?

Azure

Trust the recursion...
So, apparently measures have been made to get units out faster to people. I was just wondering if this has any effect on how fast repaired/replacement units get sent out? I know a lot of people are frustrated that they have yet to get their hands on a single unit, but there are also some people that are frustrated that they still don't have a working unit despite originally receiving theirs several months ago. Having to do multiple RMAs gets tiring (especially when you have to ship internationally and you're just a poor college student, let alone the nearly 2 month return time...). I'm just worried us RMA folks are labeled as a much lower priority (sometimes it seems like Craig cares more about how many units have been sent out instead of how many orders/customers have been satisfied...).

One of my biggest motivations to order the Pandora was to use it in lecture to take notes, look things up, read PDFs on the go, etc. I just feel like such a fool for putting off buying a netbook (or getting a replacement battery for my old laptop) throughout my whole college career since I thought I would get my Pandora "soon." And now here I am, just a few months away from graduating, still without any netbook or UMPC device to use in lecture. Stupid me :blush:

My personal experience with returns: My first RMA'd unit took a couple months to get back (that was back last august or so). For my second unit that required repair (broke LCD ribbon) they emailed me letting me know they received my unit this 2nd time around on Jan 21st and I still haven't heard any word back about a replacement being shipped out.

My first RMA (LCD cable) was back with me in under 2 weeks, probably closer to 1.

You've got to bear in mind the massive delay since summer when the nubs were bust, so they didn't want to re-ship boards out again with more duff nubs. Once CC ramped up production again I held off a fresh RMA (left nub dead, case cracked and now LCD on last legs) as I felt all those new boards should reach new customers, a boost to the userbase.

I too wanted mine for Uni for the same things and have finished my course now, though I am taking a different degree in September, so it should prove useful then. Hopefully the mic will get enabled for recording lectures/dictation etc.

Now its a wrench to return the thing, as again I want to see the instant Pandoras and first batchers still waiting to get theirs first and I'd kinda like to wait until they have new nubs and the newer LCD cable designs in hand, as I'd really like the same unit back, rather than a replacement off a pile. Both of mine were from the first #100 made.

I appreciate your frustrations though, thats a long time without.

Got email that my replacement (RMA unit received Jan 21st) is being dispatched today.

Well, my unit arrived there on the 10th of January, and I'm still waiting, but hopefully I'll here something today.

Chris

Back