WiiU premium now £180

I love my Wii U, they should have called it a cool name though like Python.Black ops 2 in bed is awesome on the gamepad in 60 fps.

WiiU is dead in the water underpowered console with a novelty controller i traded mine in within a week nintendo need to get their act together or they will go the same way as sega.

Too underpowered for what? It's certainly powerful enough to run the games that Nintendo makes. And that's always been the point of a Nintendo machine. None of the games that I've got shout underpowered machine. Poor devs can make poor games on any format, no matter how much "power" is available to them.

The fact that games are still being made for the PS2, Dreamcast, and even the SNES is proof that "underpowered" is the most subjective adjective that can be applied to any console. I could call the PS4 and XBone underpowered when compared against the servers I used to work with.

sorry, but all Nintendo console were underpowered for their time...

that doesn't seem to have been a problem in the past...

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, but all Nintendo console were underpowered for their time...

that doesn't seem to have been a problem in the past...
OpenPandora still rocks your house in octacore times, doesn't it?

Pandora is under powered, but unique in a good way. pandora has the best software support I've seen and the community is the icing on the cake, have I mentioned that ED is one of the kindest and most competent individuals I've seen in a while?

Wii U is unique in a stupid way. No one ever played with their xbox and think:" you know what would make this 100% better? Having a controller the size of a tea tray, and a 3 hour battery life. That's what I need". Not releasing any games, and having awful 3rd party support, online services market your console with one of the biggest punks in the industry pisses me off to no end. 

There gotta be better ways of spending that 180 pounds. 

I want the wii media center ported to the wiiu for HD output. The thing has 3 cores with 1.7 ghz (sounds like the Pyra with one more core :p ). And maybe even the gpu has some video accelerator. The wii media center is the best media center I have come around this far, I realy want it on a hdmi console. I would even pay for it^^

Wii U is unique in a stupid way. No one ever played with their xbox and think:" you know what would make this 100% better? Having a controller the size of a tea tray, and a 3 hour battery life. That's what I need". Not releasing any games, and having awful 3rd party support, online services market your console with one of the biggest punks in the industry pisses me off to no end. 

The only feature of that gaming pad that appeals to me, is being able to play without having the TV turned on, but the same thing could have been done by remote play through a 3DS if "N" where more forward thinking.

Sadly, that game pad is the bulk of the WiiU cost and it really doesn't add much to the overall experience. I still think "N" will release a WiiU "Lite" before years end, that drops the tablet and includes a pro controller for a much lower retail price.

Chris

The only feature of that gaming pad that appeals to me, is being able to play without having the TV turned on, but the same thing could have been done by remote play through a 3DS if "N" where more forward thinking.

Sadly, that game pad is the bulk of the WiiU cost and it really doesn't add much to the overall experience. I still think "N" will release a WiiU "Lite" before years end, that drops the tablet and includes a pro controller for a much lower retail price.

Chris
The Wii U gamepad is awesome.

I love it.

Batma Arkham City and Lego City are really great.

The possibility to have the map and inventory always there without the need to pause the game is a big improvement for me.

Darksiders needs some time to go into map screen when only using one screen.

Now I can move the map freely. Also I can switch new equipment on the go without the need to pause the game.

That's great.

Yeah, the games that make use of it do a great job. It's the same deal as when the DS first came out, the second screen was just a gimmick that would fail, and while the first few games to come out had terrible touch walking and didn't make good use of it I think it's safe to say that it hit its stride and became a huge asset.

The problem is not the controller, it's actually quite comfortable to use and has a lot of obvious uses, although battery could stand some improvement. The console is capable, the controls are decent, the screen is an interesting concept, the WiiU has all the parts that should make up a reasonable success.

Nintendo's failure this time around is entirely marketing. They got cocky and expected people to buy it on name alone. They didn't have a library of games to showcase, trusting 3rd parties to come up with ideas. It worked for the 3DS but there wasn't a lot of option in the handheld market; 3rd parties aren't so stuck when it comes to TV consoles.

^

I 100% share your opinion.

Get the bigger battery and the gamepad will las long enough :) .

Back