Wifi Save Password

raul

Still Fresh
Why is there not an option to save the wifi password? and also everytime I reboot, it asks me for "network manager password" is there a way to avoid that? I dont want to type the password every time, I would like it to connect without any warnings.

Thanks

There is a link in the Tweaks Thread to instructions how to remove the keyring password.

man, you have all the answers!
how come you don't have a pandora yet? You are the guy that craig told whats your order number right? The overclocker :p

The team should send you one for free, for the moderator job you do here.

^ I see myself more as the guy who forced them to take an official stance on the overclocking matter instead of moving it to the day the cow comes home :p
I do this moderating stuff purely for my own entertainment, so I don't expect anything.
It's good to stay informed about the improvements before I receive my hypothetical second batch Pandora ;)

Ah Mali & Alerino what a silly pair.

I miss you guys :-(

Sorry I think I have sunstroke, or I'm drunk, but I don't drink so I think its sunstroke. I need to lay down.

^ Lay down and drink and you'll forget your sunstroke :p

The day Alerino found out I'm not a girl he didn't talk to me any more. He only has eyes for Nupfi now...

If you remove the keyring password it keeps pestering you to create one so then you have to press escape to ignore it.

^ Ok, I forgive you :) But only if you name your first child "mali", else you both get a perma-ban :D

mvickers, did you try these instructions?

Polossatik said:
Annoying "keyring" popup asking for the keyring password when using the automatic login?
Delete the keyring fileand choose "unsafe" storage after reboot when the wifi wpa/wep network password is asked again.
note: this will delete all wifi network paswords stored.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took your advice mali, only I substituted the drink with something else ;D

Actually I thought you were a girl too... That is until I saw the bit that says male. It must be your avatar...its like false advertising or something!

Also who is Nupfi??

Just to make this post relevant. I did away with my keyring password by going to .gnome2/keyrings and deleting the default and default.keyring files.

Back