Wifi Add On And Bluetooth

netsurf

Still Fresh
how come we cant get GPH to build a purpose addon for the gp2x that intergrated both wifi and bluetooth. it could plug directly into the ext socket and just add a small bump to the bottem of the unit. since it is removable then you can remove it when not needed. If it could get official support it could be encorperated into the firmware. having both of these would also mean that you could have some large options open up. for example there are new bluetooth hard drives being released that would be a ~30Gb space iirc, compatability with phones. currently the idea of multiplayer using a break-out board and a joystick attached seems a bit of a joke.

intergrated chip which uses approx 300ma for bluetooth + wifi both operating at the same time.
http://www.wi2wi.com/multifunction.php

a small li-ion batt would allow for a good few hours
---edited to add link to chip

well it would certainly open up a few new options for the 2x and i think more people would buy the console if it did do wifi and bluetooth and with a bulit in battery it wouldnt drain power. but i would not count on it being created loads of people have asked if wifi is avalible on the 2x which it is with a breakout board a certain type of wifi stick and some drivers coded for the 2x. serch the wiki and forum for more info there is loads on wifi i would say a topic is started on wifi nearly everyday, you arent the only one who would love to have wifi and/or bluetooth on their 2x i for one would find it realy handy :)

tim

Back