Wifi adaptor no longer detected on 1GHz model

batfastad

Hi everyone

I've had my 1GHz model for just under 2 years now and not had any problems. I hadn't used the unit for a month or so until just now when I discovered the internal wifi adaptor was no longer detected.

There is no longer an option in the system dropdown panel in XFCE to enable Wifi or Bluetooth. I'm sure there was before.

I haven't used wireless for a few months though so this could have been the case for a while.

I checked dmesg and there's no initialisation errors for the adaptor.

Just wondering if there's anything else I can do to debug this further?

I don't have access to a working computer or card reader at the moment so I'm a bit stuck.

Anyone else had this happen before?

Cheers, B

Have a look in the lower right. There is an icon you have to click next to the network icon. It replaces the menuentries.

No luck finding that. I think I have re-arranged that panel.

When I go into Settings > Bluetooth it says no Bluetooth adaptors are found.

But then I went into Settings > Startup and enabled the wifi service on bootup.

Restarted the unit and wifi was enabled with the wifi icon displaying in the XFCE bar and connecting to my home network.

Wifi is now working - a hardware fault was my main concern!

But I'm sure there used to be Wifi and Bluetooth icons in the Pandora settings drop down... The menu that also has USB host and TV out and CPU clockspeed etc.

I can right-click the network manager icon to enable/disable wireless.

But no Bluetooth adaptor?

Cheers, B

I don't see what Mcobit is referring to either. But I can right click my quick settings menu thingy (the one with clock speed and usb host and that in) and it takes me right to a window where I can enable and disable plugins. These plugins seem to correspond with the menu entries, so I might hazard a guess that perhaps you had one or two disabled in there (all mine are in the right hand 'enabled' field).

I don't see what Mcobit is referring to either.
I'm sure he is refering to the same thing as both of you did, "the icon in the taskbar quickacces thingy" > has this thing a real name ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I can't actually right-click the quick settings menu.

Also if I don't have WiFi enabled in the startup services then I can't right click Network Manager and enable WiFi!

I think I might re-flash as I notice there's a newer firmware out anyway, running SuperZaxxon R1.60

Yes. Reflashing seems like the way to go.

And yes, I mean the same thing ;) .

We really need a name for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran an "Upgrade the Pandora OS" and those options magically came back into that menu, so not even a full re-flash. I can also now right click it and add/remove the plugins :D

No idea what that was but all sorted.

Back