Wi-Fi Doesn't Work - Network Connection Failed Always

darkbr

Still Fresh
Hello everybody

Recently bought a Caanoo and am really enjoying it, but until now could not use the Wi-Fi because the only messages I get on the screen are "Network Connection Failed"and then "Wi-Fi connection is over. "

Already updated the firmware, but the problem persists:( .
've searched the forums but have not found anything that could help.

Has anyone reported a problem like this?

Thanks for all.

Silly question, but you do have a compatible wifi dongle plugged in, right?
'USB Drive' turned on in the settings?

If so, are you using WEP encryption?

someoneElse said:
Silly question, but you do have a compatible wifi dongle plugged in, right?
'USB Drive' turned on in the settings?

If so, are you using WEP encryption?

I'm sure your question is not silly. I'm an amateur, but the box is written that it connects via wi-fi, but it fails to find the network.
I have a wi-fi network in my house and there I use my laptop and Wii.
I posted a video for you to see what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rPY1aXddg

And thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there's actually no wireless networking built in. It requires an external wifi dongle to be plugged into the usb host port on the bottom. Your best bet for compatability are the huge Caanoo-branded ones or the tiny Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM. (I ordered one of these the day Firmware 1.6.0 was released that made it work)

It would help if it didn't just do the 'connection failed/wifi is over' dance instead of a real error message that actually tells a new user what's missing.

If you have access to a linux/Unix machine, you can use the stock USB cable for wired networking.

The marketing speak is fairly misleading, I agree. Most people will already have dug up enough information on it before buying, but that doesn't make it any less annoying for you.

someoneElse said:
Yeah, there's actually no wireless networking built in. It requires an external wifi dongle to be plugged into the usb host port on the bottom. Your best bet for compatability are the huge Caanoo-branded ones or the tiny Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM. (I ordered one of these the day Firmware 1.6.0 was released that made it work)

It would help if it didn't just do the 'connection failed/wifi is over' dance instead of a real error message that actually tells a new user what's missing.

If you have access to a linux/Unix machine, you can use the stock USB cable for wired networking.

The marketing speak is fairly misleading, I agree. Most people will already have dug up enough information on it before buying, but that doesn't make it any less annoying for you.

Thank's for reply.

I'll buy a wireless flash drive then. I'll try this you say, Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM. Have googled and saw that I already had this one, I'll buy again.

One more time, thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back