Why Was This Subforum Created?

Is this subforum useful?

• No, Everyone with pandora is super-geek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

forces

It look like we are getting ready for shipping, but since there are not much Pandas shiped (or are there more than 100 pandas for regular people(not for programmers)?), what's the purpose of this sub-forum? I need help:)

I think it is to explain some of the Pnds that are engine only, like where to place which original files etc. The file archive links to this section as well so its handy.

They have already shipped some units, should they wait until all 4000 have shipped before they create the subforums? :p

I'm pretty sure once the first units arrived, there will be tons of questions.

Also, we already found two bugs in the latest OS, so there will be an update within the next days (no big deal :) It works automagically))

EvilDragon said:

Also, we already found two bugs in the latest OS, so there will be an update within the next days (no big deal :) It works automagically))

You couldn't explain how the updates work could you please? Do you have to flash a whole new OS image. Or can you update with a package manager? Or is it that you get updates by PND and they're automatically loaded and then you can remove them from the SD card? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
You couldn't explain how the updates work could you please? Do you have to flash a whole new OS image. Or can you update with a package manager? Or is it that you get updates by PND and they're automatically loaded and then you can remove them from the SD card? Thanks.
Piecing it together form other posts (mostly from Skeezix) looks like it will be an IPK file (package file used by Angstrom) embedded in a PND file. You put the PND file on your SD card, same as any other PND file, it appears on your desktop, you run it, it installs the IPK update directly to the NAND, then you're free to delete the PND file.

Dead1nside said:
EvilDragon said:

Depends on the update :) But you don't have to reflash the OS, no worries.

Mithrildor said:
Can we know what bugs were found?

Sure: One in the kernel, which freezes MiniMenu if you don't touch the Pandora for two hours. Already fixed, currently testing the new kernel.
The second one: Python has gone missing. Will release a simple PND. Put that on the card, run it, done. All updates installed.
After that, you can remove it.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
The second one: Python has gone missing.
You lost a snake? Does Samuel L. Jackson know?

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
The second one: Python has gone missing.
You lost a snake? Does Samuel L. Jackson know?
snakes.png

I can't vote.

Options 1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive!

Finding this more resourceful at the moment because I don't have to wade through the trenches of the General Forum. It's also nice to not be watching the stalker and other threads for WHEN I'll get my Pandora. Now I'm trying to keep it functional and fun and this is way more fun.

Back