Why Should I Buy A Caanoo

mark1980

Still Fresh
hi guys ang gals its been some time since ive been here but i would like your guys help on why i should buy a caanoo since at the moment i can get a new one with a 4gb memory card for like £75 with free shipping.i used to own a gp2x f-100 which i loved before the dog eat it (REALY)and a dingoo before the wife throw it in the bath which had water in at the time for not tidying up (B***CH). so now its time i think for a caanoo or somthing simalar to fill in my old skool gaming habbit since dogs and wife are no longer a problem. the main thing i want to know is what are the emulators like,and which are the best one for each of the old consoles ie snes/sms etc.

mark-s said:
hi guys ang gals its been some time since ive been here but i would like your guys help on why i should buy a caanoo since at the moment i can get a new one with a 4gb memory card for like £75 with free shipping.i used to own a gp2x f-100 which i loved before the dog eat it (REALY)and a dingoo before the wife throw it in the bath which had water in at the time for not tidying up (B***CH). so now its time i think for a caanoo or somthing simalar to fill in my old skool gaming habbit since dogs and wife are no longer a problem. the main thing i want to know is what are the emulators like,and which are the best one for each of the old consoles ie snes/sms etc.
The Caanoo is a great choice for emulation IMHO. All of the emulators run quite well, even though a few of them have less-than-satisfactory file browsing. I've tried every console emulator on the Caanoo, as well as a few interpreters, such as ScummVM and Ginge. The Caanoo is not only good for emulation, however. The non-emulated games out there for the Caanoo are great, like Jump to the Moon, Audiorace, Danger Quest:Monster Night, Giana Sisters, and SQRXZ 2, for example. If you build or buy a TV output cable, you can play quite a few of them on your television. I just built a cable for mine, and it rocks; I can even watch movies on my old TV. I haven't had the time to play around with it a lot on the TV, but I've tried DrSMS and a few other emulators that I cannot remember the names of right now. There are good applications out there for the Caanoo, as well, like LGPT (a 16-bit tracker), the QT browser, Links, and many others.

I'd recommend getting an 8GB card; I filled my 8GB card up. You should get a screen protector and a case when you buy a Caanoo, or anything else for that matter. I learned that lesson the hard way thrice. I had to open up my Caanoo with a plastic spoon to bend one of the shoulder buttons back into place after dropping it twice from shoulder height. A DSi case should fit quite nicely.

Forgot to mention:
It does emulate the Super Nintendo better than the PSP does.

The MAME emulator is to die for. It even supports USB gamepads for multiple players, motion controls, changing the CPU speed, and playing it sideways.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your answers they where very helpful i making up my mind on buying a caanoo

i have a dingoo and since i bought a caanoo, i've never used my dingoo again ...

and yes, i also recommend a 8 gig card. my 4 gig card is already full! XD

Maybe better option will be purchase WIZ instead of CAANOO ? There are more emulators and they're run faster. And the prize is hell better :)

wuerzet said:
Maybe better option will be purchase WIZ instead of CAANOO ? There are more emulators and they're run faster. And the prize is hell better :)
The wiz's controls suck and the screen while nice tends to rot. It has happened to me twice. There are only a few emulators that are faster and the scene is really growing for the caanoo. I would spend the extra money and get the caanoo if I were you. My cannoo and dingoo seem to get all my love.

I recieved mine the other day and can only say it is fantastic! A couple of MAME and SNES games didn't quite work, but most that I can about run flawlessly! SCUMMvM is brilliant with the touchscreen as well.

THIS LINK HELPED ME GET STARTED VERY QUICKLY

Steve

Back