Why I Love This Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
because we are all seriously fucked up in some aspect, just look at the mascot thread. There will never be a cooler bunch of people ever in any message board as there is now on gp32x.de

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly my feelings, you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you didn't even cut around the edges of the pictures before comping them.

GP32osama.jpg

:ph34r: :eek: :blink: :p :angry: <_< :) ;) :D

craigix posted on Feb 18 2005 at 11:02 PM said:
We're all going to hell!

Can you hook me up with one of those million game megadrives so I'll be entertained?

Actually, all of the unofficial mascots are evil, so I guess hell is full of GP32s!

look posted on Feb 19 2005 at 12:05 AM said:
WHERE DO I GET THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it might be this one. but i haven't played it for a while, so i'm not sure...

you think i'm lying don't you? ;)

edit: yep, that's the one!

As amazing as Kamikaze is (the computer game, not the career in one play sport), that picture isn't from a game, I just made that in photoshop about 6 seconds ago.

I like giving back to the community :D

Being a lucky fuck, I can surf the net via the PC plugged into my TV and it must be said that I have had substantially more laughs from reading this forum tonight than I have had courtesy of the so-called comedy on Ch4 (Nathan Barley my arse).

It has just the right mix of mad anti-PC loonies and easily offended right-on-left-wingers that lead to pure comedy gold.

People, I commend thee...

J(ohn)

It's a pity. I'm not offended, but I really don't see the humour in grabbing the most shocking image you can and pasting a GP32 over it. And I suspect that hando did not envisage such content on his forums, so I made the call to close it before any PC-mad/easily-offended members found it.

Antiriad: please reconsider. I have had a suprisingly large amount of requests over PM, IM and e-mail to ban some of the guys involved, and it's just a small subset who enjoy this kind of humour, not anything like representative of the whole community.

Most people just ignored the thread, and I'd suggest doing that.

Well I'm sorry but I had the biggest laugh I'd had in ages reading that mascot thread, and I don't care if that makes me sick and twisted.
As a straight, white, able-bodied, male, I am a member of the only group of people it is still okay to take the piss out of, and I think people need to loosen up a bit.

I actually feel quite guilty now because I've just realised something... (I hope) everyone that 'pushed the envelope' were doing so for comic effect and didn't really have any conviction behind it. However, those that were offended were genuinely ofended because they actually care about what is being said.

If you don't give a toss about something it's very easy to make light of it. If you actually do care about something it must sting like a really stingy thing when a load of people make diametric statements just to be funny.

So if you are honestly offended by the (various) threads that have rubbed against the grain recently, I, for one, am sorry to have taken amusement in the conflct they caused.

J(ohn)

Is there some crazy virus going round?

I don't have much time - but I haven't read that many crap, senseless and annoying posts in the last half a year?!?

Well, this time, I'M the one closing this thread.
And I really DO hope you'll stop posting that much crap...

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back