Why Does Gngeo2x Need Romrc Info?

halo9

Website
Visit site
First off, I mean no critisism of what I think is one of the best apps for the GP2X. :)

I'm just wondering, and maybe it's a stupid question that's been answered before, but why does gngeo2x require the rom contents to be listed in a separate text file? Kawaks and NeorageX will run just about any rom set you throw at them, but there are a number of games I just can't get to work on GP2X. I've read all of the forum notes, the wiki, google the usual. I've tried numerous variations of each game romset, all tested in NeoRageX, and had a good stab at editing the zip content reference text files. These are games that others can confirm are supported.

So, I'm not asking for help with gngeo2x really, just wondering if someone could explain why it is that it works in this way. And maybe why the other emulators don't need this external information...

Cheers

halo9

nebula use the same sort of file if you look in the romdata/neogeo.dat you will see identical informations

subcon959 posted on Sep 7 2006 at 09:19 PM said:
Out of curiosity, what are the games that don't work for you?

The same one's that everyone else has trouble with, Pulstar, Blazing Star. Metal Slug 2 also has graphics missing. I've also tried dumping them using the Windows app. But I'm not asking for help, just to understand how it works better..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I had an old Unibios rom. All work now. I think it's still a bit too much work for most people. Pretty satisfying now it works though. Just had a couple of hours on Neo Drift Out before I got the melting screen of battery death.

I'd still like to understand why we need romrc info. Just had a play around with Nebula after Yod4z's comment and all the same problems are indeed there too...

Back