Who's Doing What?

yosh64

Website
yosh64.redirectme.net
hey

Well I was just interested in whos got a dev board and what they are actually doing? So if you have a dev board or know someone who has then please tell us what you/they are doing, I am interested in everyones contributions.

Anyhows I hope you all are making good use of them ;).

So yea, kinda feel a bit left in the dark in this regard, hehe.

cyas

There are other topics already ccovering this, just take a look down the list in this dev section!

hey

Well I know I've seen threads about what folks plan todo and such (have no clue if they have dev board), but not about what folks with dev boards are actually doing now.

Anyhows I'll look back some threads or whatever and see if I can find anything.

edit
BTW, from what I remember seeing already is that there is some cool psx emu, and ahh... dunno much else. Ohh, and Squidge's thread about the Bios, hehe.

another edit
So yea, if you have a dev board then please tell us what ya doing, hehe.

cyas

Erm..

Zodttd = Working on the psx4pand playstation emu.
Squidge = Working on the bios + Snes emu.
MWestern = Working on the Linux side of things.

DaveC = Might have finished the joypad etc. by now and could be working on the screen resolution stuff?
EvilDragon + Craigix = Working on the Graphical user interface and all the other stuff needed to bring the project to a successful launch?

I'm pretty sure about the top 3 but the rest is pure speculation :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Erm..

Zodttd = Working on the psx4pand playstation emu.
Squidge = Working on the bios + Snes emu.
MWestern = Working on the Linux side of things.

DaveC = Might have finished the joypad etc. by now and could be working on the screen resolution stuff?
EvilDragon + Craigix = Working on the Graphical user interface and all the other stuff needed to bring the project to a successful launch?

I'm pretty sure about the top 3 but the rest is pure speculation :)
Mweston is hw and DJWillis is linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Mweston is hw and DJWillis is linux
Oops my bad. I've just noticed that while browsing through the wiki :)

EDIT: @yosh64 - Prophets list for the emulators should give you a good heads up on who might have a dev board?

If they have received a dev board yet?
Gnostic = Amiga
Skeezix = AtariST
Notaz = Megadrive
Tinnus + zx-81 = Finger in every pie ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Heh... There's probably going to be quite a few that're working on that particular "task". ;)

Until the dev units get into people's hands past the original core team (should be shortly...), your guess is as good as mine as to what people are doing unless they chime in here or elsewhere. I'm good at embedded Linux distributions (been doing them for 8+ years now...) and moving Windows games to Linux (Got one to my name right now, if it weren't for trying to get some funding in the door for one of my business ventures, I'd have two to my name and another one on the way...).

I've a few planned projects, plus I'm intending on pulling along with the rest of the MK0 crowd to get a solid firmware rev out for all of the rest of the community. I've already mentioned my plans in other threads:

Soul Ride
NoGravity
Ballistics
Bandits

First and foremost, I'm going to be working on the firmware work as needed, dev tools to help other developers (Shader tools, etc.), followed by porting the aforementioned games over. I intend on getting at least ONE of the titles (probably Soul Ride...) done before or shortly after the 3000 unit rollout- whether circumstances permit that or it happens a little later on due to circumstances beyond my control remains to be seen.

Back