Who Wants A Tv-Out Cable? Show Of Hands

superspudz2000

Still Fresh
for a second i was excited to see the gp2x wiz, until i looked at the bottom and saw that crazy "EXT port" there. now i read that TV-OUT isnt even implemented! outrageous! TV-OUT was the main selling point for me. im certainly not buying it now.

just for the sake of playing SNES, MAME, and a few other things, i could use a CELLPHONE, a pocketPC/PDA, or a "PMP". or even a LAPTOP!

how freakin hard is it to put a standard TV out port? theres no excuse.

ceauNNNxKp6aw.jpg

there are cheap (built in) NES handhelds and sega mega drive handhelds, they all have a simple cheap TVOUT cable included.

you could go to a friends house, whip out your handheld and play super mario on a huge flatscreen tv, sitting comfortably on the couch. and never have to reset your game.

but anyway my question is this:
WILL THE GP2X F200 TV CABLE WORK ON A WIZZ?

is the EXT port on gp2xf200 and Wizz the same?

*edit*
on the official gp2x WIZZ website it says;
"expansion port - 24pin (power supply and data transmission)"

the gp2x f200 WIKI says this;
"It is a 24 pin high density connector as used on some Samsung and LG mobile phones."

Ext.png

we wont know if itll work or not until somebody confirms it

Look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb5Ah1Cbz0E&feature=player_embedded

and here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47776-wiz-ext-pinout/page__view__findpost__p__727072

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wiz never announced TV-out function, but a user has a homebrew project about this. The Pollux Soc supports this function, but the current firmware 1.1.0 not supports yet. I think GPH are working on this now or later, because they put audio and video lines in the EXT port.

WILL THE GP2X F200 TV CABLE WORK ON A WIZZ?
is the EXT port on gp2xf200 and Wizz the same?
The GP2X cable not works in Wiz, because the connections are different.
The EXT port is the same, but the Wiz has power charge pins and the pins are different.

The Dingoo has a TV out. The port on the Wiz is a sham. It takes hours to transfer a full romset so I use a USB to SD. A mini USB 2.0 slot would've done a better job if this slot isn't going to do anything else.

kouky said:
The Wiz never announced TV-out function???

A well known online store lists the TV-out as one of the console features:
http://www.gbax.com/gp2x.html

I also wish it could be real!

This console remains pointless to me with-out TV-out

The guy who runs this store is not very well informed to say the least...

The Wiz never announced TV-out function, but a user has a homebrew project about this.

GPH helped andymanone with the software side. So this feature will be there in one of the next firmware realeases. It's not on the list of the next version released presumably at the end of this year, but we wil see...

I got my Wiz from GBAX and I have to admit I felt mislead when I discovered it does not actually do TV out as advertised. It's irresponsible of them to leave that on the page.

However there are many good things about the Wiz which makes it a worthy purchase.

Did anyone actually bother contacting Craig to tell him his sites wrong?

EDIT: Dont you worry your pretty little heads, I messaged him myself.

Was half way through writing a message then noticed your edit... Still there though!

Fair point Nova - I only wanted to show my dissappointment.

frolik said:
Was half way through writing a message then noticed your edit... Still there though!

Fair point Nova - I only wanted to show my dissappointment.

Yeah it's disappointing, I know. I'm sure a TV out is on the cards though, it's only a software issue right?

And I think craig might be too busy to read his PMs at the moment. The Pandora's probably taking up most of his time.

I got an old cell phone connector cord and took the video lines into an old crappy modulator board I had sitting around. I can now get video from the GP2x WIZ on the TV but it's just the old channel 3 kind of thing.
It'd be nice if somebody could do better. It really is a shame they took this away from a simple connector like on the older ones. But hey .. I don't need TV out for it when I have a PC that can run all the same emulators at home via DVI/HDMI out.

Has anyone tried to modify a PSP video out cable? I doubt it would be possible, but I haven't ever taken a PSP video out cable apart to see what's going on inside of it either.

Back