White Screen Of Death(?)

xpan

Still Fresh
hi.

I have purchased a new FX200 just before Christmas of 2007 (4 months ago)

I am very pleased with the device. I use 2 pair of rechargeable batteries. One of them is 2700 and the other 2200.

10 days ago I noticed that sometimes the device can't boot displaying only a white screen. It happens with both sets of batteries (fully charged).

I also noticed that if I leave the device on (during white screen) after 5-10 minutes screen comes to normal (still sometimes).

I think the device is defective. I have never misused my device. Never dropped it. Never spilled anything on it.
I think I need to send it back and get a replacement unit.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

It sounds like the induction coil for the LCD screen is defective. That is a defect in materials/workmanship so send it back, they should replace it for you.

You should email the place you bought it from so they can tell you how to return it.

Blah said:
It sounds like the induction coil for the LCD screen is defective. That is a defect in materials/workmanship so send it back, they should replace it for you.

You should email the place you bought it from so they can tell you how to return it.
Thanks. Most probably the shop where I bought it, will return it to the company. I can do this myself and gain in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you probably want to let the shop handle it. Gamepark Holdings (GPH) aren't exactly great with customer service, also there isn't always someone available who speaks English. And they don't read their email. Also, GPH would probably make you send it to South Korea at your own expense, which would cost loads of money. By the time GPH gets around to it, you could have gotten your replacement from the shop in the mail instead.

So let the shop handle it, they know that sometimes units will come back defective, and have prepared for that.

My F100 LCD screen has some problem too
Line around of 10x1 pixels in bottom-right edge on screen is not showing what they have to(they repeat colors of some other pixels from upper rows)

Blah said:
Actually you probably want to let the shop handle it. Gamepark Holdings (GPH) aren't exactly great with customer service, also there isn't always someone available who speaks English. And they don't read their email. Also, GPH would probably make you send it to South Korea at your own expense, which would cost loads of money. By the time GPH gets around to it, you could have gotten your replacement from the shop in the mail instead.

So let the shop handle it, they know that sometimes units will come back defective, and have prepared for that.
thanks. I have already contacted the shop and waiting for their answer. Will report back here if anything of interest comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back