Which Headphones ?

Dweeze

Still Fresh
Has anyone got any recommendations for good headphones for the GP32. What do you use, are they any good, are they "HiFi" ?
I've never found any personal player phones that are any good, no bass etc. Hopefully someone knows better.

Sony have some veeery nice in-ear 'bud' headphones. The MDR-EX 71 SL or LP. A bit pricey, but very very good quality. Better than hi-fi if you have a decent source of sound. Lots of bass.

The Standard phones i got with my ipod are the best in ear ive ever found but they still suffer from fairly lousy bass....but still pretty good.

in-ear phones will always suck compared with a proper set of headphones... why?

because you don't get the acoustics generated by the outer part of your ear... if the sounds just being slammed down staight to your ear drumm then its just gonna suck, and you wont be able to have the same amount of bass because too much bass that close to your drum is going to perferate it :p

when I'm out and about I use some over-ear phones that I got from maplin, cost about £7 i think... like headphones but without the annoying bar over your head that messes your hair up...

when I'm at home I got myself a £40 of decent headphones, total ear coverage so I can't hear jack of whats going off outside of them :) course I mainly use them for my guitar... folks aint too happy with my amp on full lol

I use Sennheiser MX500's when I'm wanting to be discreet. Absolutely superb little in-ear phones. When I want more bass, I use my Koss Porta Pros. :)

I've never got on with in ear phones, BUT...

Just bought some Sony EX71SL's and they are really cool, comes with 3 different size buds and they cut out most outside noise like earplugs.. quality made but comes with a £35 price tag - probably find them cheaper online tho

What pisses me off is that you can't try before u buy... so you just have to bite the bullet really, I'm dead pleased with em

go to radioshack and get those Koss $39 ones but catch them onsale for $19. I have 2 pair and they are better than any heapones I own.

they gon onsale almost every 2 months

i have some REALLY badass phillips headphones that were $20USD the model no. is:

sbc hp170

they are the kind that are HUGE and confortable, and by huge i mean 70's style that have pads that go around your ears - not directly on them.

I would recommend the same as EdZ. Sony's MDR-EX 71 are really cool and have the best bass - performance I ever experienced with headphones.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I got a set of Sony MDR-G52 from Ebay on there way now. Cheers.

Back