Which Game Should I Get?

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
I think I'm going to "Register your CAANOO and get Free Game @ FunGP." However, I do not know which game I should get. You do get a choice, right? I'd rather get a game with great multiplayer functionality and/or one that isn't similar to something I already have, which is pretty much EVERYTHING on the file archive.

RupeeClock said:
I'm pretty sure FREE GAME is just referring to Rhythmos.
Nuttz! In that case, I'll go register... (grumble)

Edit: PC Manager? Oh, no...

Edit 2: Damn, it doesn't seem to work with Wine. I try to run it, but the program never starts up. No "Free Game" for me, I guess. I almost regret not having Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about it too much, the 'free' version of Rhythmos is rather crippled anyhow, having only two songs and lacking the touchscreen mode which is the only thing that would have made it interesting. Despite the different name and titlebar icons, it is identical to the 'demo' version already found on the SD card bundled with third batch units. Which I had, so all registration did for me personally was to start the Warranty Clock.

And the java download manager doesn't work most of the time in windows either, if that's any consolation. I'm not even sure the PC Manager is even needed, unless it hides your serial number inside the purchased executable during the transfer instead of when you download it from FunGP with the java download manager. Yes, you're being managed twice. Do the redundancy dance.

Com64 said:
Edit 2: Damn, it doesn't seem to work with Wine. I try to run it, but the program never starts up. No "Free Game" for me, I guess. I almost regret not having Windows.
Try using VirtualBox, and install a little Windows XP.

Hardyx said:
Com64 said:
Try using VirtualBox, and install a little Windows XP.
Do you think my HP Mini can handle it?

Yeah i think so.

But as stated before, the whole fungp thing is a very unpleasant experience really. Every time i try, i fail. So now i have asked GPH for help. We'll see how that goes.

Do let us know if you actually manage to get it to work, and if so, how :)

/Uni

I may have to borrow my brother's Windows 7 desktop for this, but I'll try Virtualbox... I don't have access to a working Windows XP computer.

Edit:
I've done just that and it works. It sure takes a while for the download to initialize, though. Such a pain...

Edit 2:
Touch mode does work in this version. You have to unlock it by playing the button mode.

"We need brand new shiny stars..."

Back