Which Firmware Is Newer?

how can i upgrade to it???
I had it but my friend (who i made this account for) installed the yellow one...

You flash it. If you want the white firmware I'd go for aquafishes multifirmware.

Get it here. You can set that to boot directly into the white firmware you want (or a different one if you change your mind). Make sure to read the readme and to use fresh batteries or a wall mains supply.

my GP32 had the white one. for some reason, my friend (*REAL*totokan) installed the yellow one. does this mean i have the white one but it isn't on right now?? if so can someone help me fix it...?

this means that your friend flashed your gp with the yellow (korean) firmware.

just to clarify:

the yellow one is the old korean firmware (which requires the freelauncher -> registering)
the white one is the newest one (the european firmware) which launches freeware games out of the box.

i'd definately reflash with either the eu firmware or aquafish's.

TOTOKAN has left!!! he's going to florida on vacation, so he loaned me his com. I got my sys. back, and flashed 1.57 into it. even though it is older, the new one doesn't have the mp3 player as a choice.

totokan posted on Jul 15 2004 at 12:08 PM said:
IS THERE ANY WAY TO UNFLASH??? this is getting nowhere...
once again, in his never-ending quest to blow up my gp32, he installed the aquafish multifirmware WRONG!!! Now, the pc doesn't even recognize it, so i can't fix it!
urm, how to put this, if he has indeed flashed badly, your screwed.

can you clarify the current state of your gp?

the only way to rectify the situation, if it has been subjected to a bad flash, would be to build a j-tag cable or try the people at gp32eu.com who i believe offer a fixing service.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, the pc-link problem is a coomon problem with aquafish´s exelent FW. In fact, its the only drawback. to use PC link, you have to use the pacrom pc-link. If you got Win XP, you could try GPdrive, too (remember, you cant transfer file with the official PC-Link, but only with the pacrom one). Or, as Yuglooc already mentioned, get a SMC reader/writer

I spent all my money on the gp32 and smc, so i can't afford a smc writer..
I got gpdrive, which is really useful.

where can i get gpdrive?

i saw it in gpbios and it was really convenient, but i don't know where i can get it.

thanks. but either yahoo is blocking me (though i copy and basted the link) or the file has been removed.

Another question:
Does anyone know why the new (white) firmware doesn't have a built in Mp3 player?
Also, the instructions still tell me how to use the old firmware, so i had to flash my gp32 to the old one otherwise, my instruction book would be useless.

totokan posted on Jul 16 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
Another question:
Does anyone know why the new (white) firmware doesn't have a built in Mp3 player?
Also, the instructions still tell me how to use the old firmware, so i had to flash my gp32 to the old one otherwise, my instruction book would be useless.
What instructions are there? The instuctions will all be the same apart from you don't need to use free launcher in the white firmware, it's like it's built in.

totokan posted on Jul 16 2004 at 02:14 PM said:
Another question:
The old MP3 player sucked, it wouldn't play a lot of files and was very picky about bitrates. Once the Euro firmware was done a lot of new MP3 players had been created so a default MP3 player wasn't really necessary. It would also mean you would have to flash your firmware every time they updated the MP3 player.

Like Dozer said: nothing changed, everything is installed in the same places and in the same way. You just don't have to install and launch freelauncher before playing non-commercial games.

totokan posted on Jul 16 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
Another question:
Because New Firmware is BETA.

and official New Mp3 Player is beta, too.

and users wanted that.

There are many mp3 players. choose from them. it's Better. ;)

Back