Where to find old Superhero comics..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Ironic really, I had stacks of them back in the day & now I'm having difficulty getting my hands on any..

I'm looking primarily for stuff from the 60/70/80s no particular heroes or series.. in fact the more obscure the better & fantastic condition isn't that much of an issue either as it's for an art project so yeah (take a deep breath) i will be cutting them up/doing other unspeakable things with them.

I've trawled all the second hand/car boots & jumble sales in my local area.. and haven't found anything, at least not worth bothering with.
Ebay doesn't have much to offer either, unless I'm willing to pay quite a bit..

Do you guys know of anywhere I could try looking or does anyone have some they wouldn't mind parting with..? (not expecting charity)

Last edited by a moderator:
The collectors market has gone mad for old comics that a few years ago wouldn't even have been good enough to wrap your chips. I think the ebay prices are probably the real thing.

Many antique stores seem to have small stashes of comics that aren't good enough to be in big collections. I've seen quite a bit of B-Series comics in the ones around where I live.

Back