Where To Buy Actual Joysick Component...?

Cbass182

Well since there are hundreds of posts with the word joystick/stick in it I couldn't find the thread that had where you could buy the actual joystick (the part that's soldered to the PCB not the cap.). I know someone posted a site from Europe or sumthing where I could buy it...

So, if someone could find a website where I could buy the joystick I'd appreciate it, because I have no idea where to look to buy something like that...I want to take it apart and see what I can do about the contacts for the diagonals being larger than just left/right and up/down...

Thanks...

Cbass182 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 08:15 PM said:
Well since there are hundreds of posts with the word joystick/stick in it I couldn't find the thread that had where you could buy the actual joystick (the part that's soldered to the PCB not the cap.). I know someone posted a site from Europe or sumthing where I could buy it...

So, if someone could find a website where I could buy the joystick I'd appreciate it, because I have no idea where to look to buy something like that...I want to take it apart and see what I can do about the contacts for the diagonals being larger than just left/right and up/down...

Thanks...

Rotating the stick ass'y 45 deg would do that. Or soldering small wider contacts to the old ones would do it. those contacts are potted into the stick ass'y base so it is not possible to just move them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I can just rotate the stick and it will still work? That'd be awesome...if it's that simple to fix then why so much complaining...? I might just have to try this...hopefully the pieces coming from the stick assembly line up when it's rotated... (I understand thiers some basic soldering involved but nothing anyone who's at least used a soldering iron for anything couldn't do...)

Well, it's rather small, and the connectors don't match with the PCB if you rotate it. I'd rather go with a decent microswitch replacement, anyways.

Cbass182 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
So at I can just rotate the stick and it will still work? That'd be awesome...if it's that simple to fix then why so much complaining...? I might just have to try this...hopefully

Because stick's pins will not fit in the existing pcb after rotating by 45 degress. You will have to do an adapter.

Cbass182 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
the pieces coming from the stick assembly line up when it's rotated... (I understand thiers some basic soldering involved but nothing anyone who's at least used a soldering iron for anything couldn't do...)

Yes - soldering itself should be uncomplicated as there aren't any other elements close to the stick. But it's important to have something to solder back first I think.

Speaking of the joystick, stealing the thread a bit...have anyone read this?
From http://www.gp2x.com , support/customer suggestion:

2122 posted on Joystick fix at DC said:
Dear GPH at

I read somewhere on this forum that your working on improving the joystick. What kind of improvements are you making and will these improvements be only made for new units or will there be a mod available for sold units?

Thank you.
2121 posted on re at admin said:
Hello,

The new one will be available for sold units as well.
As we were told and have been experienced that thumb could get slight scratches while using it,So we are planning to make it like gp32's.

Thanks,

DaveC has a good replacement, yet putting a piece of paper in the hole of the original joystick is also very helpful, then place it back on top and press. HA DO KEN all day long!

Silberstein posted on Feb 11 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
Sorry to burst your bubbles at but there will be no "official release".. ;) (Not as in "new hardware official release" anyway)
I was just about to say... I keep hearing about this supposed "official release". I'm thinking are they really gonna go and change the hardware and when is this official release coming because everything I've heard about it is so vague.

Back