Where Can I Get Pandora Analogue Joysticks?

They're I2C I think, maybe SPI. Easy to interface to for most things though.

I think there would be a lot of interest in seeing these available separately.

And by that I mean that I for one would be interested in seeing them available separately!

As far as i know, the actual nubs are regular h/v/gnd/+v connections, and the (atmega8) chips that come with them are just used for analog to digital conversion, and i2c / spi comms. Dunno why they used an atmega8, when something like an attiny13 could do the same job, in an 8 pin package!

Thats why i was asking if they came with the chips or not.

chips that come with them are just used for analog to digital conversion, and i2c / spi comms. Dunno why they used an atmega8, when something like an attiny13 could do the same job, in an 8 pin package!

Thats why i was asking if they came with the chips or not.
Makes sense. Somewhere they must be just analogue!

Last edited by a moderator:
The nubs are still under NDA so I can't give you information about them yet. It is a bit ambitious to say we could sell them because you could only use them on the Pandora PCB right now (as replacements if something breaks). Everything is in limbo with the original company going tits up and the plastics manufacturer taking over the design. I need to see where we stand on the intellectual properties.

They are not like PSP nubs and require a dedicated controller to provide data over an I2C link. Unfortunately, they won't serve your purpose John as you can't hook them up to two A/D inputs and read the resistance. The controller is smart and provides relative and absolute positions as well as sensing when the user has their thumb on them (by pressure). It's all part of the design to make them game, scroll and mouse pointer friendly.

MWeston posted on May 19 2009 at 11:40 AM said:
as well as sensing when the user has their thumb on them (by pressure).
:blink:
*insert draw dropping smiley here*

WizardStan posted on May 19 2009 at 12:04 PM) [quote="MWeston posted on May 19 2009 at 11:40 AM said:
as well as sensing when the user has their thumb on them (by pressure"].
:blink:
*insert draw dropping smiley here*
+1.[/quote]Btw, if it has pressure sensitivity, would there be some way that we could translate a heavy pressure to a stick click? o_ô

-God Ginrai

Back