Where can I buy a battery for the original Pandora in the US?

wwinfrey

Still Fresh
My battery is shot and I need to purchase a new one. Is there anyone left who still sells them in the US or will I need to buy one from Germany?

Link's shop.. ithic.com doesn't appear to stock them anymore.. so looks like it may have to be Germany.

I think I would do well to grab a couple spares while I can!!
The plan is for the Pyra battery to be compatible with the Pandora. It may be a tight fit and in some cases need a bit of plastic shaved off inside the battery compartment, but if all goes well it'll still work.

True...but I am REALLY not very handy with tools, and I'd just as soon not try to make hardware hacks.  Better if the Pyra battery EXACTLY FITS in the Pandora's battery case in the first place.

ED is hopeful that it will perfectly fit but until he actually gets some samples he can't guarantee it.

Hummm, on dragonbox site...there's TWO listings for a replacement battery...one is way cheaper than the other....is there some difference I am not aware of?

One is "Pandora Replacement Battery" lokos like 28 Euro...no idea what that is in US Dollars....and the other is "Pandora Replacement Battery (2009)" and is listed at 9.50 Euro...so obviously cheaper, but again, no idea what that is in US Dollars....

But which one is the right one to order, and why is one cheaper than the other?

Also, the Adapter...is that just for charging or would it allow you to play the Pandora while plugged into a wall socket with no battery in it at all?

I will probably also pick up a few of those all-in-one cardreaders...my cardreader is being syubborn lately, about time to replace it maybe...it doesn't want to read cards all the time, arrrrrgh!

The 2009 battery is just older.  Either will work, but the 2009 one may not last as long.  

Some Pandoras can be powered on without a battery while plugged in, some can't.  You don't need anything special for that, just the charger it came with.

Back