Whats Your Batteries?

Falseblue

Still Fresh
What type of batteries do you use in your GP2X? And, how long do they normally last for you? Provide a possible link, please.

edit: I am no longer recommending Maha 2700mah batteries combined with their C401FS charger. I got less than 100 cycles on the set of 8AA's and nowadays they won't even let the GP2X boot if they're left sitting overnight, even after manual conditioning. I am currently using Ansmann 2850's, we'll see how long these last.

Ouch.

I think quality will beat out my cheapy way with my batteries once I get a GP2X...

I have 6 of the above poster, xcen. And 4 of the GP2X batteries.
I haven't timed myself, but at least 3 1/2 hours.

Fujicell 2700mAh and Duracell 2650mAh. I tend to play with the GP2x overclocked, so I get about 1.5 - 2 hours.

Anyway, not too relevant as my GP2x mod in progress is going to use 6 x C 5500mAh NiMH cells (the PSone screen needs about 7.2v, a step-down regulator will convert the voltage to 3.23v for the GP2x). Should last many, many hours between recharge...

I've had a set of Uniross 2700's for over a year now (pretty cheap, as batteries go), and have used them while over clocking quite high (280Mhz) and they have lasted 3-4 hours. With no over clocking, I get around 5 hours. The charger I use is a fast charger also, but its an Intelligent charger. The quality of the charger makes a big difference, even with the best batteries.

I also use the energizer 2500's. They are the probably the best easy-to-find batteries (every big box store seems to have them).

I also do a double-charge to boost life. I charge them to completion, then unplug and replug the charger which gives them an additional boost.

I find that the average pair lasts about 3 hours of mixed use (video, games, mp3). I bring 8 batteries and I can easily have enough juice for pan-pacific flights.

markiej said:
I also do a double-charge to boost life. I charge them to completion, then unplug and replug the charger which gives them an additional boost.
This is not good advice to hand out to just anyone, as a lot of people have crappy timed chargers that will overcharge the batteries and fry them pretty quickly. If you have a v-delta charger then, sure, but I doubt it'd give you more than 5 extra minutes runtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
yodaofborg said:
I've had a set of Uniross 2700's for over a year now (pretty cheap, as batteries go), and have used them while over clocking quite high (280Mhz) and they have lasted 3-4 hours. With no over clocking, I get around 5 hours. The charger I use is a fast charger also, but its an Intelligent charger. The quality of the charger makes a big difference, even with the best batteries.
Hi, and Happy New Year !

I'm also using some new UNIROSS 2700, so I've tested them with Battery Test and the results are : OC @ 266 mhz, fps = 107.14, running time = 2h40 :( What's wrong with me ? I suspect my F-200 to be faulty from day one when it comes to batteries, because when I use fully charged batteries, the GUI battery indicator should display something like [III], but most of the time it displays [II ], and it doesn't run for a long time. Battery Test also displayed from the beginning to the end of its test that the current charge was 0%...

My charger is the one sold with the batteries...

Opinions ?

Magic Sam

I have 4 sets of Energizer 2500mAh they only last me 1 half hours. I have a crappy charger though so that probably expected.
Would anyone recommend those 10/15 min charger sets ?

I also use the common Energizer 2500's . They go about 2,5-3,5 hours for me on regular clockspeed and about 1 hours more when I'm hooked up to Nes or Genesis

My only complaint would be high charging time that takes about 12 hours on their original charger came with them. Actually looking to buy a fast charger. Any recommendations ?

Falseblue said:
What specs would you look at to find the longest life?
For battery capacity, check for the mAh (milliamp hours) indicated on the battery, the higher the better.

Quality of the batteries also affects battery capacity & performance. (Same goes for the charger)

I use Duracell 2650s. They're pretty good, I guess. I haven't really tried to actually see how much battery life I get, but on an 8 hour trip (between listening to music for a long while, and some game playing), using 4 batteries (that may not even be fully charged), I have enough battery life.

Back