Interesting Deals

Kmeru

Still Fresh
Do you plan to order your batteries and your SD cards on the net ?
If it's the case let us know the best type and the best price here please ;)

If you poke on over to Newegg, you can get the Edge 512MB, Kingston 512MB & EP 1GB cards all for $80 (post-rebate, sans shipping - about $7 for UPS 3Day). For loading sizable files (i.e. full movies) in a hurry, a card with > 50x transfer rate might be worth it.

As for batteries, get the best IC3 rechargeables (2500mAh+) you can find. Long life, recharges in 15 minutes.

I usually buy from ebuyer UK, they've got the following offers:

1gb sd £37 inc vat

512mb sd £19 inc vat

1800mah batteries £5 inc vat
2500 mah batteries £6 inc vat

their postage is really cheap too.

I've seen good prices on SD cards on amazon too.

out of curiosity, has anyone seen a device which allows you to plug a cf2 card into a SD slot??? SD->CF2's are around, but not the other way.

I have a question that's been bugging me.

I got a set of Radioshack 2000mAh rechargable 15minute NiMH AA batteries (4) along with a Radioshack "15 Minute I-C3 Charger". If I buy someone else's 2500mAh batteries, like say those Energizer ones, will I be able to charge them in my current charger fully, and will they charge in 15 minutes like the Radioshack ones do?

Thanks.

Look at the input requited by the batteries, and the output the charger gives. Then youll know.

I got a set of Radioshack 2000mAh rechargable 15minute NiMH AA batteries (4) along with a Radioshack "15 Minute I-C3 Charger". If I buy someone else's 2500mAh batteries, like say those Energizer ones, will I be able to charge them in my current charger fully, and will they charge in 15 minutes like the Radioshack ones do?

Thanks.

You need I-C3 NiMH batteries to charge fully in 15 mins. You can use standard NiMHs too but then they'll take a lot longer to charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

I have the exact some batteries as you

I don't have much of a reason to upgrade them tough I think 2000mAh batteries are fine enough, if there was 2850-3000mAh I-C3 batteries somewere then it might be worth it.

Just back on the batteries, do they have to supply a perticular voltage to best support the GP2X ?

I seem to be finding more 1.2v rechargable AAs than 1.5v. Furthermore, I have a charger at home that came with 4 x 1.2v AAs. If there is no limitiation, I will just use these.

Cheers

Martin

p.s. Oh and for the aussies on the board, the latest trickie dickie catalog has 1GB SD cards advertised for $99. No mention of speed etc (in fact very little details at all). Price seems right.

p.s. Oh and for the aussies on the board, the latest trickie dickie catalog has 1GB SD cards advertised for $99. No mention of speed etc (in fact very little details at all). Price seems right.

I've had a good run on the Aussie eBay for SD cards (direct from Asia, natch).

Back