Whats The Safe Overclock That Seems To Work With All Wiz's ?

CircusMaximusBC

Still Fresh
i ordered mine from thinkgeek i see they advertise that its overclockable to 800mhz will all of them hit 800mhz without freezing etc....

on gpsp my wiz freezes at 800mhz but work flawlessly at 766mhz

Mine works fine in gpsp at 800mhz. I've seen a few push 900mhz, but mine begins to freeze around 820 or 830, and rarely freezes around 810. 800 is my safe limit, and usually I ratchet it down to 700 or 750 just to play it safe.

Strangely I can overclocker higher with some apps (SNES, Picodrive - 810mhz) than others (MAME - max 790mhz). Maybe it's to do with the RAM tweaks.

An important fact is that not all chips are created equal. Some may go above 800, others will struggle with anything past stock. There's really only one way to find out, and that's by trial and error.

I run mine at 880 most of the time. I've played for hours at 880 with no problem. If I go to 885 or 890 then I crash within seconds.

My Wiz's max overclock is 760mhz. When I ported rRootage, I made 700mhz the default overclock and I never heard one complaint about it.

I get 850 with no problems, the only time it ever crashed on me was when I bumped it up to 900 just to see what would happen. So, in between there somewhere.

Haven't looked for the exact value, but 900 instantly freezes and 800 seems stable. I've had some freezes in PocketSNES but haven't tested extensively because I put it aside for now due to the fact that it drops from 60 to 35FPS whenever there are transparency effects on screen.

Back