Whats The Difference

marmaduke

sorry for asking a stupid question but what the difference between the gp2x mk1 to mk2

liammcc9 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
sorry for asking a stupid question but what the difference between the gp2x mk1 to mk2

New LCD screen manufacturer, new joystick cap (which you can get for $1 from PlayAsia.com, if you have a 'MK I')

Last edited by a moderator:
The MK II has most of the MK I problems sorted out basically :) ... GP2X F100 is MK I , GP2X F100 ( b ) is MK II , screens were changed , the MK II is nicer and has better quality image at a slight loss of visibility angle , and no scanlines :) .

Edit : I was a bit blunt there, you have better joystick cap and general better control and build quality :)

I have MK1 and no scanlines. Had them but with that LCD tool I made them go away.

Put that thingy completely to the left. (worked for me)

liammcc9 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
Joystick rotated 45 degrees. Trouble was the ordinal bias was half the diagonal bias and some had a lot of trouble hitting the ordinals (up down left and right).

Now it is switched so that Ordinal is easy and Diagonal is a trifle more difficult (if properly written software is used many have no problems at all).

Also the LED backlight voltage is up there at about 17 volts and is regulated, removing a flicker caused by low or pulsing batteries affecting the backlight.

Also one of the Pins for Jtag (reset maybe?) has been changed to another function.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's any significant software changes. Both types can run FW 2.0.

Back