What's Mindlord Been Up To Lately?

Yeah, but you aren't going to like it.
I screwed up and formatted the drive with the backup to my source code for this on it... then promptly forgot to back up the code to that drive again. Subsequently, I formatted the drive that had the original source code on it, thinking that it was already backed up. Suffice to say, I was not happy at all that day.

It's kinda okay though, because the engine that I was writing was turning out to be a huge hassle to (for me) port to OpenGL/ES. So this gives me an excuse to start over and do it right - and better. It shouldn't take me long to get back to where I was.

bummer dude... good luck recovering...
Use an online service, they are free, you know... :)

I should know, I lost my entire code for my fractal generator once, luckily I had an old version of it on my work laptop, only lost a few months of work... ;)

Hmm not sure if that is bad or good news.

Good is that you are still behind it, that's all that matters to me right now.
But really sry for the things you lost.

I once wrote a filesystem device driver for Windows .. *THREE* times .. because I was testing it on the same machine I developed it on ..

mindlord said:
Yeah, but you aren't going to like it.
I screwed up and formatted the drive with the backup to my source code for this on it... then promptly forgot to back up the code to that drive again. Subsequently, I formatted the drive that had the original source code on it, thinking that it was already backed up. Suffice to say, I was not happy at all that day.

It's kinda okay though, because the engine that I was writing was turning out to be a huge hassle to (for me) port to OpenGL/ES. So this gives me an excuse to start over and do it right - and better. It shouldn't take me long to get back to where I was.
It shouldn't be impossible to recover the data. Try getdataback or similar software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it's gone for good. Like I said it's okay though. It really did need a rewrite. [Insert Deity of Choice] was just giving me a hint.

It seems to be a curse in Pandora Development, that every Coder looses his Source-Code. :blink: :ph34r:
Well, I only can recomment 3 things: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP... ;)

I wish all good luck for this still interesting Project, since Pandora development of "Galactic Artifact" seems to be more or less dead at the Moment, I hope your Game comes to an success. :)

Just wanted to post a note that I have not abandoned this project. Real life is slowing me down, but a little bit gets done here and there. I have rebuilt the lists and tables for Star System generation, which is in and of itself a huge chunk of time. I've got a rudimentary GL/ES engine built off the WakeBreaker sources and real results are likely to follow soonish.

I've got a rudimentary GL/ES engine built off the WakeBreaker sources and real results are likely to follow soonish.

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with this, and how it works out in the end .. plus, btw, I can't see the screenshots in your original post, so I have no idea what your concept is, but I'm excited that you're doing this project! :)

Any more screenshots?

torpor said:
I've got a rudimentary GL/ES engine built off the WakeBreaker sources and real results are likely to follow soonish.

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with this, and how it works out in the end .. plus, btw, I can't see the screenshots in your original post, so I have no idea what your concept is, but I'm excited that you're doing this project! :)

Any more screenshots?
Unfortunately, the server that was hosting the screenshots is gone. I don't have any screenshots currently, as I'm working behind a firewall (they don't block gp32x.de thank goodness. :) I really don't have anything to get excited about yet. I'm having problems with libnoise on arm. Apparenly it was programmed in D. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back