Whats In Your Future Pandora/gadget Bag?

JakeK said:
cappuchok said:
For longer trips, the above plus (depending on what I consider useful for each trip of course):
- NDS Lite + CycloDS + M3 Perfect + storage
- TV-out cable for the Pandora
- Powered USB hub
- 2.5" External HDD (320+ GB)
- 2 Wireless gamepads
- portable Bluetooth keyboard/mouse
- 15,4" laptop
- charger cables for all of the above that needs it
Would you like a suitcase to go with that? :p

You've turned portable into an inconvenience. ;)
For longer trips I expect I would have a suitcase, yes. ;) But I also expect to not carry all of it on all trips, it all depends on the character of the trip (job, leisure...), as well as on the travelling companions, or if I'm travelling alone (no need for gamepads)... mostly I expect not to have to carry the laptop, but for some jobs it can't be beat. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
as planned:
-foldable usb keyboard
-multi card reader
-(maybe) an usb hub
-mini usb cable for the pandora
-styluses & sd cards inside the pandora

moshansky said:
Perhaps a nice jawbone BT headset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5R2ZCKB0RY...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMVq7xtrLuE...feature=related

Those ads are just WRONG... Definitely something that wouldn't have aired in the US. >:-D :D

[edit]

To keep this within topic... ;)

I'd have a BT GPS at the minimum.
A BT headset would be nice, but not something that would be pressing.
I already have a BT keyboard (though the keyboard being there is nice, I can see needing a bit more if there's an extended typing session)- though it wouldn't get lugged just everywhere.
I'm toying with having one of these if I can work out the dynamics of the thing's use via USB and some of the projects I've in mind for it.

Wow, some of those lists are outrageous. However I respect that some people wish to carry around alot more then I do.

CandidStan said:
I'd like to know what all of you will be carrying around or using generally with your Pandora.
I'll start this off with the bag I'm using.

Slappa Complete psp bag.

And the accessories:

Microfiber cloth
Comfort Stylus
Pen Stylus
small but usable usb keyboard
USB ATSC TV tuner
iPod video 5g 30gb
USB GPS device
Traveler 350 trackball mouse
Corsair Flash Voyager 32gb
Mini USB hub
x2 32GB SDHC card
USB Hand Warmer
ultra slim card reader
USB Slim DVD±RW
as long as there are drivers for all of these.

You forgot the USB fan, USB light and USB humping dog

My pandora bag currently contains £4.26 in change, my mobile phone, and my wallet.

cbox said:
CandidStan said:
I'd like to know what all of you will be carrying around or using generally with your Pandora.
I'll start this off with the bag I'm using.

Slappa Complete psp bag.

And the accessories:

Microfiber cloth
Comfort Stylus
Pen Stylus
small but usable usb keyboard
USB ATSC TV tuner
iPod video 5g 30gb
USB GPS device
Traveler 350 trackball mouse
Corsair Flash Voyager 32gb
Mini USB hub
x2 32GB SDHC card
USB Hand Warmer
ultra slim card reader
USB Slim DVD±RW
as long as there are drivers for all of these.

You forgot the USB fan, USB light and USB humping dog

Damn I knew I forgot something, thanks.

However you forgot the usb gloves, slippers, and drink cooler.

Despite what you might think, all these items will fit in that Slappa bag.

I'll be stuffing:
- 8GB SDHC Card
- 2-5 USB Drives (the cheap 8GB ones from your local computer store)
- Spare Stylus
- PSP
- Mini usb hub

all in one pocket =O

I'll probably be carrying around
-PSP running 3.90-m33v3 CFW
-Pandora
-SD cards
-SkullCandies
-and aGUI written in VB to track criminals(Watch, and laugh, then watch the response)

Not to jut off topic, but all you guys that are carrying around DSs or PSPs... You do realize that the Pandora will be able to play games, right?

So far six different posters said that they would either carry an NDS or PSP...

Rayek said:
Not to jut off topic, but all you guys that are carrying around DSs or PSPs... You do realize that the Pandora will be able to play games, right?
Just not the games that a DS or PSP would play... Not that I'm intending on that sort of thing, I just can relate... ;)

Rayek said:

I'm carrying my PSP because there are no PSP emulators out there yet, and I have some fun homebrew on it, such as irShell or SmashGP.

Yeah, but... Really? Two handhelds? A Pandora rubbing up against an NDS Lite in yr pocket?

Nothing new really interests me, that's why this kind of thing is an anomaly. I had a PSP once, then sold it in favor of the GP2X, because I just wanted to play Genesis, NES, Neo Geo, MAME, etc. with TV-out.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get rid of my phone in favor of the Pandora so that I don't even have to carry that around.

Rayek said:

Why?
because phoenix right is awesome.
edit-blarg, didnt see that new one.
I probably would bring that in a backpack if it was a longer journey, only one hand held if it was a hour or two.
Its amazing how many games you find that you wouldn't normally pay for but are incredibly fun.

waffles said:
Its amazing how many games you find that you wouldn't normally pay for but are incredibly fun.
Exactly why I emulate and retro-game. I just can't bring myself to buy something new when I haven't seen/played every must-own for all the old stuff.

Rayek said:
Yeah, but... Really? Two handhelds? A Pandora rubbing up against an NDS Lite in yr pocket?

Nothing new really interests me, that's why this kind of thing is an anomaly. I had a PSP once, then sold it in favor of the GP2X, because I just wanted to play Genesis, NES, Neo Geo, MAME, etc. with TV-out.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get rid of my phone in favor of the Pandora so that I don't even have to carry that around.
I didn't list the other gadgets. If I'm gong on a trip, I'll have the Pandora, my modded PSP, and my modded DS Lite, as well as my Macbook and my Eee PC, (or, depending on the trip, just one of those two laptops.)

The reason for 3 "game systems" - (I don't think of the Pandora as just another game system) - The Pandora for the UMPC stuff it can do - the DS for DS games, the PSP for PSP games. If the Pandora could play DS games, I wouldn't take the DS - if it could play PSP games, I wouldn't take the PSP. But since none of the 3 systems can do everything that the others can do - I'll take all 3. You get GTA VCS running on the Pandora, I might leave the PSP at home.

I'll also take my cell phone, since that basically only leaves my pocket to be used or charged.

chad78 said:
I didn't list the other gadgets. If I'm gong on a trip, I'll have the Pandora, my modded PSP, and my modded DS Lite, as well as my Macbook and my Eee PC, (or, depending on the trip, just one of those two laptops.)

The reason for 3 "game systems" - (I don't think of the Pandora as just another game system) - The Pandora for the UMPC stuff it can do - the DS for DS games, the PSP for PSP games. If the Pandora could play DS games, I wouldn't take the DS - if it could play PSP games, I wouldn't take the PSP. But since none of the 3 systems can do everything that the others can do - I'll take all 3. You get GTA VCS running on the Pandora, I might leave the PSP at home.

I'll also take my cell phone, since that basically only leaves my pocket to be used or charged.
If I needed as much entertainment so as to bring two handhelds (let alone three and two computers) I probably am on a fishing boat in the North Atlantic for two months or have an incredibly short attention span. I don't ever see me taking more than one type of video entertainment with me anywhere, unless I was moving. I went to live in Massachusetts for six months and brought my GP2X.

The features in the Pandora are to make it so you DON'T have to carry everything with you everywhere, and I don't think people would be fully utilizing their new gadget doing otherwise, kind of missing the point.

Back