Whats A Good Programming Language To Learn?

L

lol2232

I was wondering what a good programing language to learn (for programming on the 2x) is? like C.... Fenix (is fenix quick and easy?)....

-Thanks

For the GP2X?
Your choices would be:
C, C++, python or Fenix.

Any of them would be fine but python or fenix would be the 'quickest' with python being a good language to learn in general.

well i was wondering if python or fenix would be very powerful because it uses an interpreter

Yono posted on Jul 28 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
1) C --> C++ --> SDL
2) Fenix
3) Python
4) Allegro

Any of those seem like good choices.
2) I have done partially and I am just starting off with 1).

Fenix is actually a wee bit buggy and ok for simpler games but for a big big project it won't be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Jul 28 2006 at 08:53 PM said:
Visual Basic :p

* Runs away like a chicken thief *
Catches him as his VB code was so slow that the lower level languages' loops caught up with him and abolished it.

sam fisher posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:54 PM said:

Catches him as his VB code was so slow that the lower level languages' loops caught up with him and abolished it.

10 A$="Laughs his ass off"
20 for I = 1 to 1000³
30 print A$
40 next I

TI-99/4A Basic for the victory! :p

Oh no, not the line numbers... Don't remind me of the line numbers... please....
they torment me in my sleep, only to scamper away on an evanescent puff of smoke in the morning, when I open MSVC. :eek:

TelcoLou posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:09 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:54 PM said:

10 A$="Laughs his ass off"
20 for I = 1 to 1000³
30 print A$
40 next I

TI-99/4A Basic for the victory! :p
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
	int i;
	char a[] = "Laughs his ass off";
	for(i = 0; i <= 1000; i ++)
	{
		printf("%s\n", a);
	}
}

Shikaku posted on Jul 28 2006 at 10:00 PM said:
section .data
text db "LAUGHING MY ASS OFF",10,0

section .text
main:
enter 0,0
mov ecx,1000
top:
push text
call printf
add esp,4
dec ecx
cmp ecx,0
jne top
leave
ret

;omfg I had to debug this... I'm a bit rusty XD
I don't even know what that is? It doesn't look very assembler'ish though. Is it assembler of some sort?

thanks everyone for the help i think i will be learning python...

I'd suggest you to learn c++ first, then with the sdl libraries. I tried the other things before, they aren't really so much easier, but slower. If you'd like to learn coding, then do it real.

Just my suggestions, I by myself started with actionscript in flash for a month, then basic for half a month, python half a month and now I'm finally happy with c++.

DaveN posted on Jul 29 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
I'd suggest you to learn c++ first, then with the sdl libraries. I tried the other things before, they aren't really so much easier, but slower. If you'd like to learn coding, then do it real.

Just my suggestions, I by myself started with actionscript in flash for a month, then basic for half a month, python half a month and now I'm finally happy with c++.
I'd say C then C++ is easiest...

Back