What Will You Do With Your Zodiac When

I have to agree the Zodiac was a class piece of hardware! I recently decided to replace my battery, and I'm thoroughly enjoying having ~400 games (most small free palmos games ;), but a few commercial gems in there too) in my pocket... and the instant on is a beautiful thing! Especially with all the commercial software going freeware for it lately, been a nice bonus. And GP2X has nothing on Zodiac as far as video is concerned... As far as dev goes, I'll stick to the GP2X! I think PalmOS dev is, well, quirky imo...

There are emu's, but the playstation emu is a little less functional than the GP2X version I'd say...
GB & GBC are a treat, but GBA is complete BS! Firestorm greatly over exaggerated it's functionality for GBA.
If you have a GP2X, don't go looking for a Zodiac thinking it'll be a step up for emulation, it won't be... only bonus is some commercial emu's have multiplayer over bluetooth...
As for some great original/exclusive homebrew, a fair chunk of commercial games and PDA functionality It's beautiful!
And media playback is quite phenominal! GP2X can't hold it's own against Zodiac in that department ;)

ashdjones said:
I'd love to add of of these for my collection, but a quick search on Ebay reveals... nothing!
Make sure you search for "tapwave" though they are getting quite rare.
A shame, it was such an excellent device, but it just didn't have that big of a target audience to be a comercial sucess.

The only thing i disliked was the bothersome analog stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love mine, but I'll never work out how to run videos on it. And yes I have TCMPMP.

I recently took it on holiday with me. Used an internet cafe to put dozens of games on it when I got bored of the ones I had. Still, the Zodiac version of Tony Hawk's sucks.

My Zodiac died a few years ago. It just became erratic and unstable, and I just gave up on it. Sad because I really loved it, and it was pretty useful too.

I bought a Dell Axim x51v for a PDA, and that has worked well.

I also recently bought an EeePC 1000H, which has become my primary computer (yes, I'm serious, since 95% of what I do these days really doesn't need much power, and I like small devices).

Where the Pandora will fit in for me is the question. I don't know yet. It may become my most used device if internet surfing is at all comfortable on it (screen size being the main issue).

Ive just been looking on ebay for a zodiac to buy, there was not one there at all, loads of batteries, a few games but no zodiac's

Titcher said:
I remember seeing a few in CEX in Birmingham, might be worth checking that out.
cool, i'll have a look, not been in there for a while, it smells funny in there <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back