What Will You Do With Your Zodiac When

I have to agree the Zodiac was a class piece of hardware! I recently decided to replace my battery, and I'm thoroughly enjoying having ~400 games (most small free palmos games ;), but a few commercial gems in there too) in my pocket... and the instant on is a beautiful thing! Especially with all the commercial software going freeware for it lately, been a nice bonus. And GP2X has nothing on Zodiac as far as video is concerned... As far as dev goes, I'll stick to the GP2X! I think PalmOS dev is, well, quirky imo...

I'd love to add of of these for my collection, but a quick search on Ebay reveals... nothing!

Can the zodiac have emulators? i would buy it to play ff vii and gb, gbc, gba games and other playstation games?

There are emu's, but the playstation emu is a little less functional than the GP2X version I'd say...
GB & GBC are a treat, but GBA is complete BS! Firestorm greatly over exaggerated it's functionality for GBA.
If you have a GP2X, don't go looking for a Zodiac thinking it'll be a step up for emulation, it won't be... only bonus is some commercial emu's have multiplayer over bluetooth...
As for some great original/exclusive homebrew, a fair chunk of commercial games and PDA functionality It's beautiful!
And media playback is quite phenominal! GP2X can't hold it's own against Zodiac in that department ;)

ashdjones said:
I'd love to add of of these for my collection, but a quick search on Ebay reveals... nothing!
Make sure you search for "tapwave" though they are getting quite rare.
A shame, it was such an excellent device, but it just didn't have that big of a target audience to be a comercial sucess.

The only thing i disliked was the bothersome analog stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love mine, but I'll never work out how to run videos on it. And yes I have TCMPMP.

I recently took it on holiday with me. Used an internet cafe to put dozens of games on it when I got bored of the ones I had. Still, the Zodiac version of Tony Hawk's sucks.

My Zodiac died a few years ago. It just became erratic and unstable, and I just gave up on it. Sad because I really loved it, and it was pretty useful too.

I bought a Dell Axim x51v for a PDA, and that has worked well.

I also recently bought an EeePC 1000H, which has become my primary computer (yes, I'm serious, since 95% of what I do these days really doesn't need much power, and I like small devices).

Where the Pandora will fit in for me is the question. I don't know yet. It may become my most used device if internet surfing is at all comfortable on it (screen size being the main issue).

I remember seeing a few in CEX in Birmingham, might be worth checking that out.

Back