What Will Mame Performance

Gruso said:
I'd forgotten about XMAME, I had to go to the wiki to see what you were talking about! Don't forget there's also MAME4all (by Franxis), which has been a long supported title on GP2X/Wiz. The MAME4all ROM set version is 0.34b.

MAME4all will be ported to Pandora by Zodttd/Slaanesh. Slaanesh is even talking about porting a later version of MAME, although Gauntlet Legends will probably still be out of reach.

Some good info in this thread: http://www.gp32x.de...ame-for-pandora
MAME4all is fine for 2D games in the 80s and 90s but XMAME could support 3D arcade games I'm guessing?

Last edited by a moderator:
XMAME (which seems to have been superseded by SDLMAME) could support newer titles than MAME4all, but that won't mean much if the hardware can't keep up. MAME4all is the one to watch IMO, because like the GP32, GP2X and Wiz versions it's going to be optimised for the hardware and supported from within the community. Exactly what it's capable of we don't know until Slaanesh has hardware.

Alpha2 said:
wrath of khan said:
I think there is a dreamcast port of gauntlet dark legacy,so who knows.
Could it be possible on the dreamcast emulator?

Uh. how about we wait for the DC emulator to get ironed out to a more useable state before we start naming it as an alternative for anything.

The poster was only saying about a possibility.

This game really ate my money in the arcades (although not as much as Ketsui and Alpha 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back